$600-$700 Computer Build Questions

NicoV

I am looking for parts to build a roughly 600-700 USD desktop computer that can play Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program (with clouds) and video editing. Yes I know that games and video editing generally require two different types of performance, but I don't need anything crazy for either, just something good. For the CPU and GPU I have mostly settled on a Ryzen 5 3600 ($175) for the CPU, and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super ($225-$245). 

Questions:

Which variation of the 1660 Super is recommended for video editing and a game like Kerbal Space Program (With visual mods)? I'm thinking the EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC (Currently $223), but if there is a better performance/price version, I would like to know.

How much power do the EVGA 1660 Super and Ryzen 5 3600 use, and what is a good power supply? Again, I don't need anything fancy, just something that will work, and is not super expensive.

Is the MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($105) good for the CPU? Is there a better one I should consider?

Because of long mp4s of raw footage and KSP being a nightmarish RAM eater, I am looking for 32 GB of memory, is this possible in my price range, and if not, how much would I need to go over?

SSD Recommendations? 1TB would be nice if affordable, 500GB is ok.

Is the included cooler for the Ryzen 6 3600 enough? I'm probably never going to use all 6 cores at full capacity, just one or two at a time.

Any recommendations for a case? Blinky lights are not important at all.

I live in northern California if that helps at all.

5 minutes ago, NicoV said:

I live in northern California if that helps at all.

Do you have a micro center nearby? If so would it would  be good to check there for combo deals

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

23 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

Do you have a micro center nearby? If so would it would  be good to check there for combo deals

Nope, the only one in California is south of LA.

Cheapest you can get with all your requirements is $800

3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Cheapest you can get with all your requirements is $800

Thanks, although that gives the "Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." warning, I wasn't able to conclusively figure out if it is still a problem, do you know?

6 hours ago, NicoV said:

Thanks, although that gives the "Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." warning, I wasn't able to conclusively figure out if it is still a problem, do you know?

The MAX motherboards from MSI are Ryzen 3000 ready out of the box, so you won't need to worry about it with that particular board. 

https://www.msi.com/blog/msis-max-motherboard-lineup

8 hours ago, NicoV said:

All the msi MAX boards ship with the right bios for the 3000 series

11 hours ago, boggy77 said:

All the msi MAX boards ship with the right bios for the 3000 series

13 hours ago, alaskablackbelt said:

The MAX motherboards from MSI are Ryzen 3000 ready out of the box, so you won't need to worry about it with that particular board. 

https://www.msi.com/blog/msis-max-motherboard-lineup

Thanks!