Pc Died Randomly, PSU Clicks But Isnt Dead

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have been building for some years now. I had build a pc almost a year ago now and it has been serving well as an HTPC and VR box in my living room. When I first put it together, I powered it on, the PSU "clicked," all the fans spun, and i got a bios screen. So naturally i put it all together in a Node 202, loaded windows onto it, and it worked just fine. I did notice that everytime i would boot it up, though, the PSU would "click", but it would be fine, windows loaded, games ran fine, nothing out of the ordinary. The clicking also happened when the computer would power off.

Specs:

ASRock A320M-ITX AM4

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Noctua NH-L9i

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8gb)

Samsung 850 Evo sata

WD blue 1tb 2.5"

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 

Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold

All wrapped up in a Node 202

Fast forward to today, tried to turn on the HTPC, PSU "clicked" like it always did, but nothing came on screen, then i would hear another "click", the PC turned off, then "click", and it was back on. It would do this for as long as i let it, which was like 5 mins at the most. So to hardware troubleshooting, i ripped it all down to just a single ram stick and CPU, still getting the same thing. So now thinking its the PSU, I find an old mobo and CPU from a previous build, break it out, and power it up with the Corsair PSU. Vualá! It powered on, and stayed on just fine. So then back to the HTPC board and CPU, i grab a known good PSU from another previous build, plug that one in, which is a Rosewill Capstone 550m, and of course, it "clicks," powers on, no display, "click" power off, "click" power on.

So with all of this said, what the heck is going on? Do i now expect to have a bad CPU or mobo? Im certain its not the PSU's at this point. Im just so confused on why it worked for 11 months, then decided to stop today.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Sounds to me like its a motherboard problem. the clicking could have been from capacitors being strained or bad power delivery to the board itself

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600.        Cooler: Wraith Stealth.       Motherboard: Gigabyte B450m DS3H.     Ram: 16gb Corsair vengance LPX 3200MHZ.       GPU: MSI aero gets 1080 oc.       
PSU: Corsair CX 650(2017).       SSD:Kingston A400 480gb.        HDD: WD Blue 500gb 7200rpm.       Case:CoolerMaster Masterbox Q300L

Yeah sounds like a board to me. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

14 minutes ago, worldisablaze said:

I did notice that everytime i would boot it up, though, the PSU would "click", but it would be fine, windows loaded, games ran fine, nothing out of the ordinary. The clicking also happened when the computer would power off.

Your PSU has a relay switch. The click you hear when you switch the system on or when the system turns off is the sound of the relay.

From the behaviour you described the system is stuck in a boot loop. Try clearing the CMOS for the board and see if it will boot. If that doesn't help try reseating the CPU in the socket.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

From the behaviour you described the system is stuck in a boot loop. Try clearing the CMOS for the board and see if it will boot. If that doesn't help try reseating the CPU in the socket.

I have reseatted the CPU once already but that didn't seem to help. I haven't tried to clear CMOS but embaressed to say i never have haha. I know how to move the jumper to the correct pins, do i need to power on the system after i put the jumper on 2-3? Or does the CMOS just reset while the board is unpowered?

Edit: nevermind found the answer

1 minute ago, worldisablaze said:

I have reseatted the CPU once already but that didn't seem to help. I haven't tried to clear CMOS but embaressed to say i never have haha. I know how to move the jumper to the correct pins, do i need to power on the system after i put the jumper on 2-3? Or does the CMOS just reset while the board is unpowered?

Should be able to do it when it's off since it's powered by the CMOS battery, but honestly I've never tried using the jumper before I've always just removed the battery.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I literally cant find a CMOS battery on this board idk if im blind or not, so im going with plugging in cpu and 24 pin power and using the jumper for 5 mins. I'll have to see what that does.

Edit: Found the CMOS battery, i didn't realize on MITX boards that it wasn't socketed onto the board, the battery is glued to the back of the USB ports behind the i/o shield, then connected to the board with wires.

Spotty, you deserve a raise. After clearing CMOS it booted just fine, thank you so much for the help. I wish i would have asked for help sooner, now the 2hr journey of rebuilding in the Node. Thanks again, I seriously thought i had a dead board.