Lightweight ATX case recommendation

VZX

I'm looking for a lightweight ATX cases where I can just move the components from my current case (Cooler Master CM 690 II Advance) into the new one.

Other requirements (from top-most to lowest):

1. Weight : around 4 kg, best if it can hit 3 kg
  2. External ports: at least 1 USB 3.0 port, headphones and microphone jacks
  3. Size requirement for my components:
    1. Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 (ATX form factor)
    2. CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S (165mm height)
    3. GPU : iGame GTX 970 (267mm length)
    4. PSU: Seasonic X-660 (150mm x 160mm x 86mm)

I've looked a couple, but I'm out of options because some either not available from my local computer shop or there isn't enough room for my CPU Cooler:

• Riotoro CR500 - Not available in my local shop
  • Coolermaster Q500L - Not enough room for CPU cooler (160mm)
  • Thermaltake Core G3 - Not enough room for CPU cooler (160mm)

Please help me, there are just thousands of cases out there, but it isn't easy to get some lightweight cases (4kg under) that: (1) can house ATX (2) not necessarily small, for I need those spaces for components

Curious why case weight is an issue.  I don’t move my computer much so for me heavier is better.  I actually filled a case with close to 10kg of sound insulation once because it was cheap and good and weight really didn’t matter.

Some things to look at for weight:

Glass is heavy.  Higher priced cases tend to have more metal and are heavy.  In your position looking at the very bottom of the price range might yield the lightest stuff

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The reason is that whenever I have to carry my case for component upgrade, I have to carry that over 10kg box over a distance of ~300m, walking, to my usual computer shop on 3rd floor. Carrying it back, though, shouldn't have problem since they have trolley to make it easy.

1 hour ago, VZX said:

I've looked a couple, but I'm out of options because some either not available from my local computer shop or there isn't enough room for my CPU Cooler:

Are you looking to get them specifically from your local shop, or are you able to shop online?

If you're able to shop online, what's your location (country) and budget?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I can only purchase from my local shop in Jakarta. Importing from other countries is a big no no, for the customs will definitely apply exhorbitant fee for imported goods (unless one knows "insider", which, of course, I don't).

For reference, this is the list from my usual shop. I guess budget doesn't matter a lot since lightweight case rarely go beyond ~150 USD

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Thanks for this.

I actually tried to go for each of the manufacturer's website last night and opened the spec of the cases 1-by-1. Some of the cases I listed myself are there (like Fractal's). Though I missed MetallicGear Neo Air there.

Some of those has slightly less than 165mm CPU cooler clearance though, like MB500, K500, and P350X.

It seems the lightest one from the options I have is Fractal Focus G at 4.5kg. The rest listed there are at 6kg~6.5kg.

The question is now whether I should let 1.5kg~2kg slide for extra room in case the cable getting messy inside.

8 hours ago, VZX said:

The question is now whether I should let 1.5kg~2kg slide for extra room in case the cable getting messy inside.

That's a question only you can answer. The Focus G is a good case but it's not built rugged or with the best cable management.