Thank You, LTT, For Giving Linux A Fair Shake

Aremis
8 minutes ago, Aremis said:

Yeah it won't happen with people like you always shooting it down.  Attitudes like that are stagnant and bad for users.

Haha yes, this is MY fault.

Not once did I shoot it down. I simply asked how to go about it and you said they could just google it.

Very poor effort of deflection. You are not bringing anything usable to the table, it is you who is stagnant and will do nothing to change it but call others lazy.

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

But why? How much of their audience do you think uses Blender on a daily basis? How many Linux users do you think use Blender on a daily basis?

The general audience uses Windows.

True, but using blender as a benchmark seems enough to me.  Performance can have a huge bump on linux in comparison because theres not as much tech in the way.

Is that not relevant information?

What if it isn't plug and play? Now they have to explain why it isn't and make sure that it's not human error on their part. That's time and work. They have standards of quality, as they should, so no, a passing mention and 5 minutes on Google isn't good enough to include it in a video.

Then don't cover it, or mention that setup is more difficult and have a link to a forum post they can reference to in the description.

Or don't recommend that application.  That is an option as well, you know.

Irrelevant, as I said people generally don't (and in my opinion shouldn't) use Linux primarily for games.

And then ignoring that performance on linux can be better?  OR that theres even another option?

I didn't know that sort of data was irrelevant.  If that was the case, linux as a desktop system could be seen as irrelevant, even though it clearly isn't for a lot of people.

Thats called a slippery slope.

Anecdotal evidence, a couple of games performing marginally better doesn't counteract the hundreds if not thousands that you literally cannot play.

TMW proton actually works really well for a lot of games.  While, yeah, some DRM stuff doesn't work (thinking Nexon's DRM with Combat Arms), EAC works.  And so do a lot of other systems.  Rust working better in proton (actually the linux port ran better than the windows one, and I have many reports from people on that, and not even hyper linux nerds) than in windows in some hardware is something to note.  Not that I'd expect GN to include rust in that sort of thing though.  Thats just an example.

Hell I can even play WOW and overwatch.  Perfectly fine.

.....Anyways

Why do you expect them to "dig through" a GN video? Youtube videos are infinitely less searchable than something like Phoronix, by their very nature. At least Phoronix shows up on Google when you search for "Linux amd gpu" whereas a youtube video won't unless it's in the title.

If someone on a displaced version of windows was watching a GN video and saw linux was a viable option for their next hardware upgrade, why would you want to not have that as an option for users in the future?  I can't expect the average desktop user to go on phoronix and look up RX580 and see if their shit will work.  I'd find that extremely daunting as a lot of the info won't make sense to someone who just wants to play some games and use their computer and NOT be spied on.  Its a big concern nowadays, and not just by linux people.

14 minutes ago, Aremis said:

Absolutely.  I'm not the only one requesting info tho.

It doesn't matter if it's one person or 1000, you're still not the target audience.

Literally, 3 seconds on the side.  Thats all linux users are asking for.

I'm assuming your excuse is that you don't have 3 seconds on the side?

If they wanted to know HOW TO USE it, they could go to level 1 techs.  If they wanted to know IF THEY COULD use it, they would go to LTT or GN for that.  Its why GN does follow ups on older hardware and compare it to current.

Like I said, they're not obligated to do so.

If you think there's a gap in the market, then why don't you fill it instead of demanding someone else does so? This question is for everyone who's demanding others cater to their needs.

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Haha yes, this is MY fault.

No, not really.  But that attitude is very common.

Also you come off as aggressive and I don't really want to respond to you.  But thats just me.

5 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Not once did I shoot it down. I simply asked how to go about it and you said they could just google it.

Poor choice on my part, but I could also blame others in the linux community for burning that as an answer into me.

Alright, then they could easily ask someone who would know that they already know.  Such as, oh I dunno, Wendell.  Or their audience.  Or other peolpe they might know.  Or on a forum.

Or literally any other form of communication known to man.

7 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Very poor effort of deflection. You are not bringing anything usable to the table, it is you who is stagnant and will do nothing to change it but call others lazy.

Ok.

Least I'm putting the effort in to my argument right?  Not just ~deflecting~ everyones posts?

I'm here talking aren't I?

7 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

It doesn't matter if it's one person or 1000, you're still not the target audience.

I'm assuming your excuse is that you don't have 3 seconds on the side?

Like I said, they're not obligated to do so.

If you think there's a gap in the market, then why don't you fill it instead of demanding someone else do so? This question is for everyone who's demanding others cater to their needs.

As mentioned in previous posts in this thread, I make content on linux all the time.  Whether AMDGPU gets an update for southern islands ( as well as AMDGPU getting brought up at all back in kernel 4.5, I covered that shit daily dude it was a mess and I have nothing but respect for that sorta work) or literally anything else.

They aren't obligated, no, but when theres enough demand that GN has to mention in a news roundup at the end of the week that they won't be doing OpenGL or Vulkan for relevant info on other platforms thats kind of a slap in the face directly.  Same with other channels.

Again, as mentioned earlier, I try to fill the gap and make info easier to find so that people don't have to go digging on sites that, IMO, aren't designed well.

Heres my proof if you really don't believe me.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-amdgpu-info-news-thread/103728

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/amdgpu-pt-2-electric-boogaloo-and-news-thread/153071

On top of that I can't tell you how many people cme on the L1T forum asking about 5500XT or 5600XT compatibility but they're running 16.04 or 18.04 for "Stability Reasons" but want the hardware to work.  Often the answer is "Update, then it will magically work, just like *snap* that"

And before you mention that I haven't made a post on the newer thread in a little bit, life happens.  That thread isn't my job.

This old argument again, how quaint.

yawn.gif.0e59bfe33dfbc31ceea192ead607fc97.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Aremis said:

No, not really.  But that attitude is very common.

Also you come off as aggressive and I don't really want to respond to you.  But thats just me.

Poor choice on my part, but I could also blame others in the linux community for burning that as an answer into me.

Alright, then they could easily ask someone who would know that they already know.  Such as, oh I dunno, Wendell.  Or their audience.  Or other peolpe they might know.  Or on a forum.

Or literally any other form of communication known to man.

Ok.

Least I'm putting the effort in to my argument right?  Not just ~deflecting~ everyones posts?

I'm here talking aren't I?

It's just that you're all over the place.

You said it was easy, but then you say:

I can't expect the average desktop user to go on phoronix and look up RX580 and see if their shit will work. I'd find that extremely daunting as a lot of the info won't make sense to someone who just wants to play some games and use their computer and NOT be spied on.

Here you say that data is daunting. Phoronix didn't happen overnight. It's YEARS and YEARS of effort.

GN are NOT Linux experts and they cannot just call on Wendell.

Wendell has his own channel and community to run.

You're also implying the GN has the time or staff to comb through forums. This is unrealistic.

Now you could say "hey, GN should hire some Linux staff."

This would be SUPER awesome, but... where is the money coming from?

It's just not as easy as you are making it out to be.

Linux has a metric ton of variables. GN likely couldn't organize the data in a way that meets their standards.

23 minutes ago, Aremis said:

Marketshare is BS at this point IMO.  The stats aren't even realistic because not everyone knows people are looking for those stats, have any interest in sharing those stats because they're paranoid (either stallmanites or windows users nervous to share info, which is fair tbh), or just refuse to share info at all.

Look at this thread I made on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamlug/discussions/2/622954747298971963/

I made this thread forever ago, and sure theres some repeat posters in there, including me, but theres hundreds of posters in there that would appreciate some info on these channels.  And not everyone in that group has replied, not even every linux user on steam is in that group.

Its a rough percentage of linux users on steam, not all of them.

Again, not everyone will send their stats.

Your steam thread proves literally nothing. Theres less then 1k posts and not all of them are linux users...

If you are trying to argue that there is a huge market of linux gamers then you are lying to yourself.

If you want to try and say the stats are ba then provide stats that prove its bs. 

Idk why you want to argue linux gaming isnt a niche market. Its not like thats an insult its just the truth.

You think all these game devs are deciding to not make their games for a huge market because they dont like money? No. The market isnt big enough for them to care about it.

The vast vast majority of gamers are not using linux. And there is nothing to suggest that will change anytime soon.

They aren't obligated, no, but when theres enough demand that GN has to mention in a news roundup at the end of the week that they won't be doing OpenGL or Vulkan for relevant info on other platforms thats kind of a slap in the face directly.  Same with other channels.

If they already said they won't do it, then that's final. No amount of "pretty please" will change that.

Some things are just not meant to be, this is one of them.

Hope you find someone that meets your needs.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

It's just that you're all over the place.

Well I'm kind of all over the place anyways.  That and I'm on a forum I don't come on getting yelled at by a picture of a beard that I can't grow lol.

Fair though.  But I wasn't really expecting to be spending my morning on this site either.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

IHere you say that data is daunting. Phoronix didn't happen overnight. It's YEARS and YEARS of effort.

GN are NOT Linux experts and they cannot just call on Wendell.

Wendell has his own channel and community to run.

My point is that using phoronix's site can be.... intimidating.  Finding the exact info you want isn't as clear as finding a GN video on an RX 5700XT.  They give their titles cute names, then you discover the article you dismissed as small or non-useful was actually the one you wanted.  VS a GN or LTT video literally just covering that one thing having all the info in it.

I don't expect them to be linux experts.  I don't want a live read of kernel activity on the sides of the bar graphs.  Just a mention that something works, and whether it works well or works poorly.  Simple enough.

And yes, he does, however the community runs itself for the most part.  We're all veterans of Tek Syndicate.  Whether wendell is there or not is irrelevant.  The only reason L1T was started in the first place was literally because the entire TS forum made a discord in a panic because, suddenly, no one could talk to each other.  Theres still users stranded that don't know about L1T.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You're also implying the GN has the time or staff to comb through forums. This is unrealistic.

Now you could say "hey, GN should hire some Linux staff."

This would be SUPER awesome, but... where is the money coming from?

It's just not as easy as you are making it out to be.

I don't expect that GN would comb throguh endless forums.  However, they could make a post asking for quick links to stuff and we would be happy to oblige, at least I would.  I'd jump on that shit immediately, and I know others would as well.

I don't expect GN to spend more money for linux staff at all.  Even if they had some shitty pre-built on the side that had ubuntu on it, hell I'll buy them a thelio FFS, just to run a test or two that would be relevant to their video.

If they needed money, I would donate.  Many would.  Thats part of what linux is all about, and part of the mantra of the linux community.  Support, regardless.

Its not as easy?  Ok, we could say the same in a hypothetical world where linux is mainline and windows is secondary.  How easy is it for you to install MSI afterburner or tomb raider and test shit?  See, we have the same things here.  Its literally just as easy to install tools, if not easier.  Its literally just trying.  You'd probably make a similar post if you were in my position, and probably say that things were easy too and get shot down by people on some random forum on the internet and get your pst dismissed right off the bat by people.

Or is that idea unrealistic too?

If they already said they won't do it, then that's final. No amount of "pretty please" will change that.

Some things are just not meant to be, this is one of them.

Well when an audience creates demand and potential for more patreon donations, that seems like a quick fuck you to someone that would gladly dump their wallet.

But ok.

Hope you find someone that meets your needs.

Me too.  Wanna date?

8 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Your steam thread proves literally nothing. Theres less then 1k posts and not all of them are linux users...

If you are trying to argue that there is a huge market of linux gamers then you are lying to yourself.

If you want to try and say the stats are ba then provide stats that prove its bs. 

Idk why you want to argue linux gaming isnt a niche market. Its not like thats an insult its just the truth.

You think all these game devs are deciding to not make their games for a huge market because they dont like money? No. The market isnt big enough for them to care about it.

The vast vast majority of gamers are not using linux. And there is nothing to suggest that will change anytime soon.

I'm not trying to say theres a large market at all.  I'm trying to say theres options and data being missed out on.  Theres literally hundreds of thousands of people out there that would find any information relevant.  My point was that steam thread is just a small percentage of people that would love that data, and that theres so many people scattered everywhere that all have their reasons to NOT say what platform they are on that WOULD see something like a GN video.

Is that more clear?  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I'm a little overwhelmed with trying to keep up with people.

My point on stats is that not everyone is even in the stats.  I've never believed the marketshare numbers.  Theres people that don't even report to that census on purpose.  And again, they have their reasons.  I won't demand anything of them either.

Yeah linux gaming is niche, but an option.  Make that option known to people who need that to be an option. (IE the 34% of steam users still no windows 7 that refuse to update that are on forums like this one looking for ways to get around having to update.  You saw the same thing with XP, 2000, and 98.)

Hi, proton exists.  It literally makes that shit just work.  Built into steam.  And useable for all games.  This point is getting monotonous now, especially with valve literally never shutting up about the tech they have.

I don't expect gamers to move to linux.  Thats unrealistic.  I expect linux to be seen as the viable option that it is, however.

13 minutes ago, Aremis said:

Well I'm kind of all over the place anyways.  That and I'm on a forum I don't come on getting yelled at by a picture of a beard that I can't grow lol.

Fair though.  But I wasn't really expecting to be spending my morning on this site either.

My point is that using phoronix's site can be.... intimidating.  Finding the exact info you want isn't as clear as finding a GN video on an RX 5700XT.  They give their titles cute names, then you discover the article you dismissed as small or non-useful was actually the one you wanted.  VS a GN or LTT video literally just covering that one thing having all the info in it.

I don't expect them to be linux experts.  I don't want a live read of kernel activity on the sides of the bar graphs.  Just a mention that something works, and whether it works well or works poorly.  Simple enough.

And yes, he does, however the community runs itself for the most part.  We're all veterans of Tek Syndicate.  Whether wendell is there or not is irrelevant.  The only reason L1T was started in the first place was literally because the entire TS forum made a discord in a panic because, suddenly, no one could talk to each other.  Theres still users stranded that don't know about L1T.

I don't expect that GN would comb throguh endless forums.  However, they could make a post asking for quick links to stuff and we would be happy to oblige, at least I would.  I'd jump on that shit immediately, and I know others would as well.

I don't expect GN to spend more money for linux staff at all.  Even if they had some shitty pre-built on the side that had ubuntu on it, hell I'll buy them a thelio FFS, just to run a test or two that would be relevant to their video.

If they needed money, I would donate.  Many would.  Thats part of what linux is all about, and part of the mantra of the linux community.  Support, regardless.

Its not as easy?  Ok, we could say the same in a hypothetical world where linux is mainline and windows is secondary.  How easy is it for you to install MSI afterburner or tomb raider and test shit?  See, we have the same things here.  Its literally just as easy to install tools, if not easier.  Its literally just trying.  You'd probably make a similar post if you were in my position, and probably say that things were easy too and get shot down by people on some random forum on the internet and get your pst dismissed right off the bat by people.

Or is that idea unrealistic too?

It's the way you started this thread that has everyone replying the way they are.

That is 100% on you.

Slapping Ubuntu on a machine and seeing if a 5700XT works? That is not how GN operates, why would they start now?

It's your lack of respect for any of their processes that's getting the kind of responses you're getting.

The reality is even if they did what you said, they would have forum posts and youtube videos made about how wrong they are and how they should have tested things. Same thing happened to LTT. And they likely just don't want to deal with that. You would have people complaining they should have used this distro and this version, these drivers, etc... it's a lot to ask and yes, unrealistic.

You're passionate. I respect that. It's an awesome thing. Linux is great and I use the hell out of it, but I also know that gaming benchmarks are NOT for mainstream channels. GN is a mainstream channel. They are in-depth, but the audience they cater to uses Windows en masse.

18 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's the way you started this thread that has everyone replying the way they are.

That is 100% on you.

Agreed, but thats also how you lock in engagement.  Otherwise if it was just a thank you note this would have been completely ignored, no one would have brought up points that I could counter argue on that GN or LTT would also bring up but its not like I expect them to be in the thread, and in the end I would have wasted my time even just thanking LTT to begin with for even featuring a linux thing on their channel.

Tada, thats called marketing.  Which BTW linux users seem to hate for some reason.  PRobably why we aren't included in YT benchmark videos.

\Slapping Ubuntu on a machine and seeing if a 5700XT works? That is not how GN operates, why would they start now?

It's your lack of respect for any of their processes that's getting the kind of responses you're getting.

I mean its not even a guessing game atp.  Since AMD puts out the AMDGPU updates early AF before the card releases so the software can be implemented by mainline distros, all GN would have to do is have an updated system.  If they had to test nvidia cards, oh wow, look at that, PopOS auto-setups nvidia cards for you.  Thats cool.  Lets mention that to the audience so that when they upgrade to the 3080TI or whatever they don't have to be scared of a terminal.

The reality is even if they did what you said, they would have forum posts and youtube videos made about how wrong they are and how they should have tested things. Same thing happened to LTT. And they likely just don't want to deal with that. You would have people complaining they should have used this distro and this version, these drivers, etc... it's a lot to ask and yes, unrealistic.

They already have that en masse, are you kidding me?  And you think a windows neckbeard is going to get as many views as GN?  GN may be comparatively small in sub count to Jay or LTT, but they are extremely well versed in handling that sort of thing.

Also, the windows neckbeards still get more views than the linux neckbeards.  Phoronix or not.

Alos those corrections by users are how clear data is sorted out.  Otherwise you just have a shitload of misinformation all over the place and when anyone tries to do anything theres 8 different articles all with different instructions on how to do something that ultimately don't work.  The fact of the matter is GN is where people go for technical information in a plain and easy to read format.  Adding more data is not a detriment to society.  If anything, it helps users and gets them more money.

Also if people bitch that GN didn't use void linux, as you said earlier, they aren't linux users, and they can say that upfront.  If they used ubuntu or PopOS for their benchmarks and gave a clear reason why they'd never have to bring it up again, just like they do with all that dumb shit now.  How is that unrealistic?

I want a good explanation for that btw, not just "Well no one uses linux so swag" like the other posters.

You're passionate. I respects that. It's an awesome thing. Linux is great and I use the hell out of it, but I also know that gaming benchmarks are NOT for mainstream channels. GN is a mainstream channel. They are in-depth, but the audience they cater to uses Windows en masse.

Good to know you're a fellow user.  Again, I'm not demanding info on gaming at all.  Relevant data.  Thats it.

16 minutes ago, Aremis said:

I'm not trying to say theres a large market at all.  I'm trying to say theres options and data being missed out on.  Theres literally hundreds of thousands of people out there that would find any information relevant.  My point was that steam thread is just a small percentage of people that would love that data, and that theres so many people scattered everywhere that all have their reasons to NOT say what platform they are on that WOULD see something like a GN video.

Is that more clear?  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I'm a little overwhelmed with trying to keep up with people.

My point on stats is that not everyone is even in the stats.  I've never believed the marketshare numbers.  Theres people that don't even report to that census on purpose.  And again, they have their reasons.  I won't demand anything of them either.

Yeah linux gaming is niche, but an option.  Make that option known to people who need that to be an option. (IE the 34% of steam users still no windows 7 that refuse to update that are on forums like this one looking for ways to get around having to update.  You saw the same thing with XP, 2000, and 98.)

Hi, proton exists.  It literally makes that shit just work.  Built into steam.  And useable for all games.  This point is getting monotonous now, especially with valve literally never shutting up about the tech they have.

I don't expect gamers to move to linux.  Thats unrealistic.  I expect linux to be seen as the viable option that it is, however.

Its not a viable option for the vast majority of people.

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

Its not a viable option for the vast majority of people.

But it is a viable option for those stagnant on a platform that doesn't even give them the time of day.

Or if you don't want to pay 200 bucks to play CSGO.

Or if you don't want to worry as much about security.

Or you don't want your computer to forcibly update in the middle of one of your games or streams.

Or you don't want your computer to literally die on an update (not as many problems with that nowadays, actually)

Or.... you get it?

4 minutes ago, Aremis said:

If they used ubuntu or PopOS for their benchmarks and gave a clear reason why they'd never have to bring it up again, just like they do with all that dumb shit now.  How is that unrealistic?

I want a good explanation for that btw, not just "Well no one uses linux so swag" like the other posters.

I'm only going to address this part because you're padding a lot with best possible outcome replies.

There's a lot of omission of things that could go wrong. Yes, they could use Pop or Ubuntu, but what happens when an update breaks something and they can't fix it? There's a lot of troubleshooting that happens off camera that you aren't accounting for. You are saying (whether indirectly or not) that they should do double the work to add Linux to account for a fraction of the audience and I just don't know why you keep discounting that. It is the only factor you have yet to address with anything other than a hopeful and hypothetical "they'd get more eyes and more eyes means more money." It is too optimistic. The ROI on the small percentage of new eyes would be in the negative compared to what they would have to do to get into Linux testing. That is everything. Time and money. Those things are not present when we're talking about adding linux testing to a Windows channel.

7 minutes ago, Aremis said:

But it is a viable option for those stagnant on a platform that doesn't even give them the time of day.

Or you don't want your computer to forcibly update in the middle of one of your games or streams.

Or you don't want your computer to literally die on an update (not as many problems with that nowadays, actually)

Or.... you get it?

Yes and even the vast majority of people that dont like any of that are not going to switch to linux.

For every issue you bring up you can find more issues that can happen when trying yo game on linux. 

When it becomes as simple as double clicking an icon to install a game and then play it....people will consider linux. But its not.

Not enough people care about linux. And the number of people that do care and want to use linux to game on is even less.

If you want to watch content for linux gaming its out there. But thats not what GN is and they dont need nor want to be.

They would never even break even when it comes to money it costs to create that content to what it would bring in.

Theres no reason for them to put any effort in to linux when none of their viewers care.

6 minutes ago, Aremis said:

Or.... you get it?

Going to jump in on this real quick... spreading the gospel on how great Linux is does not fall under what GN does or wants to do.

I get that you want it to be, but that is not their job. Why are you so stuck on it being their responsibility?

Just now, Den-Fi said:

I'm only going to address this part because you're padding a lot with best possible outcome replies.

I don't really see how, but ok.  Literally just handle shit like they are currently.  Adding two data points.  But ok.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

There's a lot of omission of things that could go wrong. Yes, they could use Pop or Ubuntu, but what happens when an update breaks something and they can't fix it? There's a lot of troubleshooting that happens off camera that you aren't accounting for. You are saying (whether indirectly or not) that they should do double the work to add Linux to account for a fraction of the audience and I just don't know why you keep discounting that. It is the only factor you have yet to address with anything other than a hopeful and hypothetical "they'd get more eyes and more eyes means more money." It is too optimistic. The ROI on the small percentage of new eyes would be in the negative compared to what they would have to do to get into Linux testing. That is everything. Time and money. Those things are not present when we're talking about adding linux testing to a Windows channel.

When an update breaks windows what do you do?

I'm also saying I'd dump money on them for them to do that work, as would many many others.  You're ignoring the fact that this adds data value but also monetary value to their channel, just as I'm ignoring data that I don't think of.  This is why conversation is good bro.

Linux users often pay for work they see that does a lot.  At least in this sort of aspect.  I'm not sure where the negatives all are, thats why I'm even conversing about it.  If money is an irrelevant thing to an argument about ROI, then why is it an argument?  I'm not even being hopeful, I know many users who have said they would donate to people in public view who would cover such things.

Also, while a small percentage of new eyes, yes, you're ignoring my point on users who would move over knowing that the platform would work.  We get new posts on L1T daily, by the tens at times, of people asking what would and wouldn't work.  If this sort of data popped up for people to ask those questions more, thats on the linux community to handle it, not GN.  Another thing that you're ignoring.

If we're keeping tallies that is /s

If a video is a day late because they had to make sure of something, not many people would complain.  Already happens.  So....  I guess irrelevant point?

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Going to jump in on this real quick... spreading the gospel on how great Linux is does not fall under what GN does or wants to do.

I get that you want it to be, but that is not their job. Why are you so stuck on it being their responsibility?

I'm using GN as the example channel.  I respect them for their ability to handle data so well.  Thats why I'd want them to do it, vs LTT where linus is likely to drop the linux machine down a flight of stairs doing something stupid (no offense linus, just no one would be surprised at this point).

I'm also saying I'd dump money on them for them to do that work, as would many many others.  You're ignoring the fact that this adds data value but also monetary value to their channel, just as I'm ignoring data that I don't think of.  This is why conversation is good bro.

This is why I mean. This is not realistic.

I am not ignoring it. The money doesn't exist.

You keep saying they'd get showered with money. Just not happening man.

7 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Yes and even the vast majority of people that dont like any of that are not going to switch to linux.

For every issue you bring up you can find more issues that can happen when trying yo game on linux. 

When it becomes as simple as double clicking an icon to install a game and then play it....people will consider linux. But its not.

Not enough people care about linux. And the number of people that do care and want to use linux to game on is even less.

If you want to watch content for linux gaming its out there. But thats not what GN is and they dont need nor want to be.

They would never even break even when it comes to money it costs to create that content to what it would bring in.

Theres no reason for them to put any effort in to linux when none of their viewers care.

Ok, then they don't switch to linux.  I don't think that entire 34% would switch over.  I think that 8% of that could though, or 12%.  Easily.

Ok, then thats a healthy conversation and relevant data to have for this sort of thing.  Exactly why stuff should be brought up like this.

Except that you can install steam, turn on proton, and tada you're playing dark souls 2?  I don't see your point.

Not even that.  People just don't know its an option.

I don't need GN to be a linux channel.  as mentioned several times already, the info being shown would simply be appreciated.

When enough viewers commented a year and a half ago to two years ago that they had to mention that they wouldn't cover linux, how much do you think that amount has grown?

Actually maybe it was 3 years ago now.  New decade fucks with me.

Let's put this to bed.

Create a funding campaign to get GN to add Linux testing.

That way there is no doubt that the audience and money are there.

Job done.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

This is why I mean. This is not realistic.

I am not ignoring it. The money doesn't exist.

You keep saying they'd get showered with money. Just not happening man.

Not showered, but reciprocated.