Battery bank spec question

tinpanalley

A recent power outage caused us to want a better option in a battery bank than what we currently have.

We have two Quickcharge 3 phones. So ideally I'd like a battery bank with 2 USB ports that can each handle QC3 because we often like charging both phones at once while out at a friends' place for dinner, etc.

What I'm seeing that's throwing me off is banks with 1 QC3 port, ok... But then one or two ports with some kind of "intelligent power" branding.

Here are the output specs on the 4 port battery bank I want...

1 - USB-C PD2.0 (5V/3A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A, 15V/1A) 18W(Max)

2 - QC3.0 (5V/3A,9V2.0A,12V/1.5A)

3 - 5V/3A
4 - 5V/3A
(3 and 4 are this 'intelligent' iM power)

So many questions...
1. How do the different usb cables affect this? Our phones have USB-C ports. Does that mean that when using a cable that goes Usb-C to the phone but USB 3.0 A to the charger we're not getting the best speed possible?

2. How are ports 3 and 4 different from that QC port? Just 18W (QC) vs 15W?

3. Does USB PD2.0 speed go out the window when you use a USB-C to USB-A cable?

Thanks for any help!

1. No. The ports on this power-bank has different power ratings and quick-charge protocols. Port 1 uses PD, which is found in most phones, while port 2 uses QC. These typically have different charging methods (I use Huawei Supercharge so I'm not too certain?).

2. P.3&4 does not use a fast charging protocal. It can output power up to 5V 3A.

3. Not necessarily. It also depends on which protocol you phone uses. Worst case scenario, your phone charges at 5v 2a.

At least this is what I think??

May you post the link?

Reminder 

The IIA rule applies here:

I'm mostly speaking from experience so what I say may not work

I may be a complete asshole in some threads but I swear that I won't lie

Anyways, I am always glad to help

Most phones use one of the QC standards, not PD.

PD only works on C-C connections.

QC ports can do 9V and 12V. Ports 3 and 4 can only do 5V. They can supply 3A but almost nothing will draw 3A from a standard USB port with no QC-style signaling, so basically what you'll plug there will at most charge at 5V/2A/10W.

But why look for one powerbank with dual outputs instead of each having your own powerbank, that you can then have with you instead of the single one always being with the person that doesn't need it?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2