Urgh Clicking Noise

Boshy

Well I knew the day would come since my pc was a prebuild product but... Yea now is the time appearently...
Starting up my Pc today I noticed a clicking noise, which is never a good message and I'm pretty sure its the HDD (Toshiba DT01ACA100) But I have no clue what to go for on the market rn

The Specs of my PC are
-gigabyte technology ga-78lmt-usb3 6.0 (Mainboard)
-ddr 3 8gb 2008.8mhz (Memory)
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Graphics)
-AMD FX tm 4300 quad-core processor (CPU)
-Toshiba DT01ACA100 (HDD)

I know this is probably a terrible setup but I didnt have a choice back than but I do now. I pretty much want to swap to an SSD and to change the processor as a first, but Im literaly a newby and have no clue what I'm doing besides assembling and disassembling the pc... please help me out
If any more details are required I will add them as soon as I can and thanks in advance ^^

No use going up the upgrade path of that CPU. Its a dead end, and prices don't make sense. The BEST that CPU line has to offer is 4 cores and 4 threads, with the performance of an Intel processor from ~2012-2013.

If you want to swap the CPU to something else, you'll need a motherboard, and RAM. Storage is on its way out, it's a cheap prebuilt with a likely very cheap PSU, GPU is last gen and weak sauce...

Moral of the story is you aught to throw a cheap 1TB HDD in that system to replace the dying one, sell it off, and start from scratch. I get thats not for everybody, and if you want to just replace the storage and keep rocking, pick up a 1TB SSD. Something like that you can take with you to your new system.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E1T0B-AM/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=1tb+ssd&qid=1582947102&sr=8-1

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは