The raptr stores are coming very soon.

brownninja97

halloween.png

So new raptr store is launching on the 19th and it pretty good i must say. So they have kept a lot of the new ways to earn points to themselves but not you get points based on every 20 minutes you play regardless of the game, it still caps out at 6hours per day so max 360 points per day.

Why am I only earning X points for playing Y minutes/hours? 
This usually happens for one of several reasons: 
o You’ve hit the daily cap of points that could be earned via gameplay 
o You played a game for less than 20 total minutes -- points are awarded for each 20 minutes of games played until the daily cap is reached 
o You played a non-PC game, or played a game that is not tracked by the Gaming Evolved app. Only tracked PC games count towards your points total. 

Why did AMD do this? 
AMD did not do this; Raptr did. We were in a ‘beta’ period of rolling out this system, which meant we expected to change things quite a bit before launch. We saw pretty quickly that we needed adjust the rate that gameplay would generate points, or raise the redemption values in the store. Rather than inflating the prices in the store, we chose to adjust the accrual of points to make the system viable for the long term. 

How can I ever earn enough points for a game? 
There are a lot more ways to earn RP now than when we first rolled the beta out. It was never our intention to focus all earning potential on simply having the app running while playing. We do have some actions that are one-time only (like sign-up); however, we have added a lot more repeatable actions that make up for the difference in gameplay -- like optimizing games, and community interaction. By next month, users who do all the possible actions could earn over 100,000 points in a year. 

dtjhztzhgtnhjfr_zpsd07b27e0.jpg

Lol i can nearly get titanfall.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

no replies when do you ever see that on this forum

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You only gave it three hours. :)

Plus most enthusiasts run only what they need to, excess programs are not needed when most already have programs that do this. (Bar the reward program)

Or they optimize the games themselves.

The rewards thing is great, but most enthusiasts have money to buy games via online key discount stores, and probably prefer that system.

In time it may be feasible, but even myself, wouldn't be bothered unless I was constantly broke.

I think for new PC gamers its great, for seasoned Gamers, its a ..."don't wanna say gimmick" but... not worth it...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You only gave it three hours. :)

Plus most enthusiasts run only what they need to, excess programs are not needed when most already have programs that do this. (Bar the reward program)

The rewards thing is great, but most enthusiasts have money to buy games via online key discount stores, and probably prefer that system.

In time it may be feasible, but even myself, wouldn't be bothered unless I was constantly broke.

hey ive been here for over a year now and this is the first time no one replied within a minute. I think the reward system is nice, might get a game that i wasnt gonna buy or enter a giveaway just because i can.

Listen if you care.

hey ive been here for over a year now and this is the first time no one replied within a minute. I think the reward system is nice, might get a game that i wasnt gonna buy or enter a giveaway just because i can.

Totally agree with your reward statement, free games are always good :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ok so i setup a macro to run around in a game and die and reload the map, sleep and profit?

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

ok so i setup a macro to run around in a game and die and reload the map, sleep and profit?

You just need to launch a game, if its recognised by raptr as a game then it beginning recording time, eg if i went into a menu for 6 hours.  then it would be fine.

Listen if you care.

awesome making money while i sleep, cant get better than that

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

awesome making money while i sleep, cant get better than that

Litecoin mining?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I had spent the last month gathering up like 13K points on raptr, only to find out they reset the points down to 2K a couple days ago -_-

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I had spent the last month gathering up like 13K points on raptr, only to find out they reset the points down to 2K a couple days ago -_-

Same here. I now have a bit over 3k.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Same here. I now have a bit over 3k.

I had around 15000 points, you can see my points in the picture above.

Listen if you care.

wish this worked with nvidia :(

game time still counts, go get it, you just cant optimize meaning you dont get the free 60  points that comes along with it.

Listen if you care.

Serious I had 10000 or more points !!! :(

Basically your points still retain the value they had but to avoid the beta testers like us having the ability to buy a 270x after two months of playing, that would be crazy. At least they didnt just hit the kill switch and reset us all to 0.

Listen if you care.

Basically your points still retain the value they had but to avoid the beta testers like us having the ability to buy a 270x after two months of playing, that would be crazy. At least they didnt just hit the kill switch and reset us all to 0.

well to be fair the r9 270x prize only allows users to enter for a chance to win one. and the only cards they would be able buy with rp would be the r7 cards

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

game time still counts, go get it, you just cant optimize meaning you dont get the free 60  points that comes along with it.

i went to raptr,com and downloaded the app but i dont have the same rewards as u there all expired and arnt even games have i done something wrong?

Edit: nevermind i had the regular version just got the amd version all good

Looks sadly at my lowly 3.2k points...

Everyone seems to be pissed with the points that they lost but I don't have any problems with it. Hope that they will add BF4 in the store because I saw it before. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Everyone seems to be pissed with the points that they lost but I don't have any problems with it. Hope that they will add BF4 in the store because I saw it before. 

im really happy about whats happening, it used to be impossible to get points but no more, 

Listen if you care.