Is Wi-Fi still important if you have ethernet?

CreativeName642

Its a selling feature with the price built into the sale price. Its your option to buy or not.

sometimes it's nice to have just in case. there are fringe occasions where it comes in handy, a friend of mine couldn't play Halo on PC with me when using ethernet but for some bizarre reason switching to wifi worked fine.

but other than that, no, ethernet does everything wifi does but better,

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Ok, thanks for the answers. I was just wondering if it was worth it to get a Wifi adapter for my board

1 hour ago, CreativeName642 said:

Is there still a point to having wireless on a board if you have ethernet?

Depends. If the wireless adapter built on to the board has Bluetooth then yes, otherwise unless you need WiFi then no. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Depends. If the wireless adapter built on to the board has Bluetooth then yes, otherwise unless you need WiFi then no. 

I will second that.  There is absolutely no comparison between USB Bluetooth adapters and the range/signal quality you can get with the ones integrated into WiFi chips.

I was shocked to find I could stream 900Kbit Sony LDAC from my PC in another room to my surround receiver.  In comparison my phone can't even handle that in the same room.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

23 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I will second that.  There is absolutely no comparison between USB Bluetooth adapters and the range/signal quality you can get with the ones integrated into WiFi chips.

I was shocked to find I could stream 900Kbit Sony LDAC from my PC in another room to my surround receiver.  In comparison my phone can't even handle that in the same room.

I use Bluetooth from my H4.40's, they work great, easily switch between my phone and PC. While a lot of people here will cry about Bluetooth audio, its really not that bad. Im not an audiophile and I find wireless much more convient, no cords to screw up, which is what happen with every pair of Wired headsets I have ever had. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

I use Bluetooth from my H4.40's, they work great, easily switch between my phone and PC. While a lot of people here will cry about Bluetooth audio, its really not that bad. Im not an audiophile and I find wireless much more convient, no cords to screw up, which is what happen with every pair of Wired headsets I have ever had. 

I'm very very picky, almost all my music is FLAC and I absolutely can't stand AAC or SBC.  But I've been very impressed with Samsung Scalable Codec and Sony LDAC, both sound really good to me.  LDAC seems to lose a little dynamics to my surround receiver but its not always obvious and doesn't have any of the obvious lossy artefacts.

I still use a headphone amp into my S10 at home though sometimes, but its making me seriously consider getting some bigger Bluetooth headphones (if I can find any with user serviceable batteries).

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I would say no simply because every damned POS IoT device out there is spraying the wifi spectrum down with their crappy signals. If you live in an area with very many people, the wifi spectrum bands are so full and slow. Wired avoids all that crap. I am pretty anti-wireless if at all possible