The 27 GPU meme machine

Hello!!!!

I know its been a while sorry for that.

Updates

- The GTX 295 works (on its own without any other card in the system)

- The ATI HD 5970 has arrived and been cleaned

What's gone wrong?

- turns out that if you install Nvidia drives in the wrong order it can brick you're windows install.

- i didn't learn this lesson the first time, or the second time, and i mucked up the third time. (i did it right fourth time)

Have you got it working yet?

- no

Why?, i thought you just said you got the drivers installed right on the fourth time.

this is an unfortunate story. I was out for a ride on my Yamaha, and developed a puncture in the rear tyre, this lead to a small crash. now i had to be taken to hospital, survey say's i'm fine, I've escaped with only some mild bruising. there is some good news, being in Britain i don't have to pay for my health care (YAY NHS when it works). however getting to the important part this project (the meme machine) is a somewhat expensive and time intensive project and my free time and money is more focused on getting my bike back to a fully working state. however i will keep working on the meme machine in the background.

Summary

- updates and other things are going to be thin on the ground sorry.

- however this is not the end of this project!!!

Bikes - Honda CBR 900RR (1993), MV Augsta F4 750 SPR (2003),  Kawasaki ZX25R (2021)

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 5900x, Asus Tuf X570 , Zotac GTX1080ti, 32Gb Patriot Viper Steel, Samsung 970 Pro 250GB

12 hours ago, Necron1050 said:

Glad to hear you are okay, and that you still plan to work on this monstrosity! The Gods would not be please if you abandoned their offering!

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Gold 1000w Case: Corsair 680X RGB Black

NAS/Media Box

CPU: Ryzen 3200G  MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 M.2: WD Blue 500 GB

PSU: Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo

@Necron1050

Also glad to hear that you are okay.  Get that bike working again :D

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

• 2 weeks later...

Update time

its only been 10 days

GTX690  and GTX295 are in the system and mostly cooperating, it can play minecraft on all 4 gpus using AFR and split screen rendering, and yes it has just as much micro stutter as you think it would.

unfortunately i can't get the IGPU to function once the gtx295 goes in so theirs some work going on there.

the HD5970 is dead,

ish

one of the voltage controllers is dead

and the the plx chip seems to have got very hot at some point (thats not unusual for an HD5970)

im very tempted to try and fix it (the buildzoid way) but i want to here what you guys think about it.

other news

we may have a R9 295x2 on its way.

anyway that pretty much it for now.

have a good week will update if anything exciting happens

P.S. for those that are interested the Yamaha is home with new fairings and lights all that is missing are some new brake rotors and a new front wheel and she'll be ride able again.

Bikes - Honda CBR 900RR (1993), MV Augsta F4 750 SPR (2003),  Kawasaki ZX25R (2021)

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 5900x, Asus Tuf X570 , Zotac GTX1080ti, 32Gb Patriot Viper Steel, Samsung 970 Pro 250GB