Studio Monitor Speakers in Low Budget

alisharathore

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member id linustechtips. I am looking for my answer here. I am planing to build a setup at home. And, I am getting bit confused in Studio monitor for my setup. I have no idea about it. Help me in this.

Thanks,

Alisha

What is a studio monitor in your opinion? What are your requirements?

Assuming you are talking about photography: Basically there are three standard technologies: TN (twisted neumatic), VA (vertical alignment) and IPS (In-plane switching). You propably want IPS due to it's big viewing angles but keep in mind that it does smear a little bit if the backlight panel is low resolution or plain out bad. Mine is perfectly fine tho. MicroLed would also be good and have way better contrast but would also cost a lot since it is cutting edge.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.

1 hour ago, Bumbummen said:

What is a studio monitor in your opinion? What are your requirements?

Assuming you are talking about photography: Basically there are three standard technologies: TN (twisted neumatic), VA (vertical alignment) and IPS (In-plane switching). You propably want IPS due to it's big viewing angles but keep in mind that it does smear a little bit if the backlight panel is low resolution or plain out bad. Mine is perfectly fine tho. MicroLed would also be good and have way better contrast but would also cost a lot since it is cutting edge.

Considering this is in the Audio section of the LTT forum i think she means Speakers, sometimes they are called Monitors when they are made for mainly professional enviroments.

36 minutes ago, Mentu said:

Considering this is in the Audio section of the LTT forum i think she means Speakers, sometimes they are called Monitors when they are made for mainly professional enviroments.

Some people's brains go to mush when they see a woman in a profile pic.

First of all, what is your maximum budget? That's the first number one.

And may I ask why speakers in studio monitor? There are studio headphones that are way better while you can use your current monitor(s).

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

If you're in the U.S, find yourself a pair of M-Audio BX5a's. They're usually pretty cheap, and I've used mine for about...10 years now. You can get em for about $200.

They have a nice flat bass response which makes them good as reference monitors for mixing and mastering music. The BX8a's are also pretty good, but they do cost a bit more since they do have larger speakers. Same thing with the KRK Rockit 5's or 8's, although those have a much more pronounced bass than the M-Audio units.

3 hours ago, CTR640 said:

And may I ask why speakers in studio monitor? There are studio headphones that are way better while you can use your current monitor(s).

Studio headphones are good, but if you're gonna get reference speakers for studio use (tracking, mixing, mastering etc), studio headphones don't even come close to a set of studio monitors.

9 hours ago, alisharathore said:

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member id linustechtips. I am looking for my answer here. I am planing to build a setup at home. And, I am getting bit confused in Studio monitor for my setup. I have no idea about it. Help me in this.

Thanks,

Alisha

Best monitors for different budgets: (priced roughly low to high)

Tannoy Reveal 502

JBL LSR308P MKII (I currently own a pair of these)

Adam Audio T5V

Adam Audio T7V

Kali Audio LP6

Focal Alpha 50

Yamaha HS8

Kali Audio LP8

Adam Audio A5X

Genelec 8020D

KRK Rokit RP-10 G3

Adam Audio A7X

Adam Audio A77X

Genelec 8040B

Focal SM9 (Also own a pair of these, essentially two speakers in one)

Genelec 8331AMM

Genelec 8351APM/AMM (Own a pair of these myself, great monitors.)

Adam Audio S5H (Currently own 7 of these for surround mixing/mastering, probably my favourite monitors)

If you give us an exact budget for a pair of monitors, we can help further. Monitors can get extremely expensive easily. :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

6 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Some people's brains go to mush when they see a woman in a profile pic.

nah, i just have only slept 5-6 hours a day the last 5 years :) Did not see the section, just plopped up in the new threads sidebar.

I am NOT a native english speaker and use translate a lot, please do not take it literally and bear with me.