5050 smd led strip help.

The Torrent

Found this old strip.

started putting it to use but there’s a 151 resistor missing.

can I solder these two ocnnections or is a resistor needed? I don’t have a psu to test right now but will it work if I didn’t touch it? I’m assuming not.

tjanks

image.jpg

I think not. You'd blow an LED. How ever you could cut that portion off and get a connector.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

3 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

I think not. You'd blow an LED. How ever you could cut that portion off and get a connector.

2 hours ago, James Evens said:

Sure 150 ohm is functionally equal to 0 ohm. /s

No. Just buy a smd resistor kit for $1 or leave it open. One of the colours won't work for three leds.

So I got a power supply for it from storage.

heres the update.

image.jpg

On 2/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, The Torrent said:

So I got a power supply for it from storage.

heres the update.

Interesting. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

You could desolder a resistor from the end of the strip and solder it to where that resistor is missing.

You can look through some trash circuit boards and pull some resistors in the 100-470 ohm range ... 150 will give you same brightness, but you can use slightly different values and you'll get either more current (more brightness) or less current (less brightness)

You can parallel resistors to get half the resistance, so for example you could put 2 330 ohm in parallel to get 165 ohm which is close enough to 150.

You could also just cut the strip at those 2 points and simply use solder (with or without tiny lengths of wire) to make links between the pads on each end of the strip.

image.png.d558feb54edafa073c6c55c904336489.png

5 hours ago, mariushm said:

You could desolder a resistor from the end of the strip and solder it to where that resistor is missing.

You can look through some trash circuit boards and pull some resistors in the 100-470 ohm range ... 150 will give you same brightness, but you can use slightly different values and you'll get either more current (more brightness) or less current (less brightness)

You can parallel resistors to get half the resistance, so for example you could put 2 330 ohm in parallel to get 165 ohm which is close enough to 150.

You could also just cut the strip at those 2 points and simply use solder (with or without tiny lengths of wire) to make links between the pads on each end of the strip.

image.png.d558feb54edafa073c6c55c904336489.png

might just do that. Thanks! :)