Is this a good build?

lerodemmy

I'm about to buy the components for my first build and I want to verify that this all makes sense and will make for a very good gaming PC.  Opinions and suggestions are welcome.

• ASUS - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING (Socket LGA1151) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Intel Motherboard with LED Lighting
  • Intel - Core i7 9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop Processor
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra, Overclocked, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Triple + iCX2, 65C Gaming, RGB, Metal Backplate, 8GB GDDR6, 08G-P4-3287-KR
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop Memory
  • Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 1TB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology
  • CORSAIR - Crystal Series 570X RGB ATX Mid-Tower Case - Mirror Black
  • EVGA - 1000W ATX /EPS 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black

Will the motherboard's sound provide clear and loud audio, or would I be better off getting a sound card?

For cooling, I'll be using three Corsair QL 120 fans in the front and one in the back, as well as the CORSAIR - Hydro Series H110i RGB Platinum SE 120mm Processor Liquid Cooling System with RGB Lighting - White.

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

Only thing is that I might recommend a 240 or 360mm aio for the cpu. Also considering the 9900k is only about 100$ more than the 9700k but has hyperthreading, that might be a worthwhile splurge

everything else looks super balanced 

good luck!

First of all, that 1000W psu is very much overkill.

Second I'd rather go with a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 7 3700X, instead of the i7, just because they aren't really behind in gaming performance, but ahead in anything else. The Ryzen is wayy cheaper too and you can save some buck. if you're going ryzen I'd change that 4 x 8 to 2 x 16 ram kit at about the same speed.

Might want to consider a Ryzen 9 3900X or a Ryzen 7 3800X, 3700X or 2700X for the CPU instead of Intel. I went AMD for the first time just a few months ago.

They eat Intel CPUs for breakfast at their headquarters, without any milk.

Just now, Mephi00 said:

First of all, that 1000W psu is very much overkill.

Second I'd rather go with a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 7 3700X, instead of the i7, just because they aren't really behind in gaming performance, but ahead in anything else. The Ryzen is wayy cheaper too and you can save some buck. if you're going ryzen I'd change that 4 x 8 to 2 x 16 ram kit at about the same speed.

I definitely agree with going 2x16. I had figured since he decided on Intel I would work with it, but I do also agree that Ryzen has much better price to performance.

I'm certainly not opposed to going Ryzen, but what's the reason for going 2x16 RAM?  I like the look of 4x8 much more.

If 1000W is overkill, what's appropriate?  850?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

22 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

I'm certainly not opposed to going Ryzen, but what's the reason for going 2x16 RAM?  I like the look of 4x8 much more.

apropriate would be like 650, maybe 750 (I like going a bit overkill, but 1k is too much even for me ;))

the stability with 2 sticks in overclocking is wayy better and you are able to upgrade later on

24 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

a good 550/650w

24 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

but what's the reason for going 2x16 RAM?  I like the look of 4x8 much more.

expanability, and the fact dualsticks being better suited for higher clockspeeds. 

storage is also a bit silly with the rather expencive storage solution. 

32 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

Still too much PSU.  Even 750 is assuming a second gpu.  The 2x16 allows more future memory of needed and 2x16 is cheaper than 4x8 with similar speeds right now.  I’m a bit worried by the 8/8 nature of the 9700k as well.  9900k or something ryzen makes more sense considering the rise of increased app threading recently.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I’m new to pc is this a good build and should I add anything 

OK
 2x8gb Gskill ddr4 
GTX 1660 6GB Super OC
480gb ssd
Tempered glass case with 4 case fans
Armageddon rgb keyboard
Armageddon starship 3 gaming mouse 

FA48A8E1-A03D-4D81-9C77-11B7F60ECFED.png

1 minute ago, Greenlight172 said:

I’m new to pc is this a good build and should I add anything 

OK