The new Doom games

Windows95

have this annoying colourful stuff that makes it feel like an arcade or some dumb android game for kids. I mean when you kill a monster and you get all those stuff to collect. Why can't they just place ammo around and stop making those bright stuffs? just stop with the bs.

21 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

have this annoying colourful stuff that makes it feel like an arcade or some dumb android game for kids. I mean when you kill a monster and you get all those stuff to collect. Why can't they just place ammo around and stop making those bright stuffs? just stop with the bs.

I love that you made this a post like 5 years after it came out. It took me a sec to understand but you mean when you kill the enemies it drops like health and ammo and you don't like it. yeha I kinda thought that too when I played it, but thats doom 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

2 hours ago, Slottr said:

It's doom? Have you looked at the older games?

yes, and monsters didnt explode in colourful bloom ammo things, you just picked up ammo packs from the ground

1 hour ago, AntiTrust said:

I love that you made this a post like 5 years after it came out. It took me a sec to understand but you mean when you kill the enemies it drops like health and ammo and you don't like it. yeha I kinda thought that too when I played it, but thats doom 

i forgot enemies brighting up to indicate you can do the fatality thing on them which gets old because its the same scripted animation

6 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

i forgot enemies brighting up to indicate you can do the fatality thing on them which gets old because its the same scripted animation

Thats to let you know something in particular. You can DISABLE those highlights for the Cinematic Kills.
The things that pop out of them, thats Blue,...is extra Health.

Not ammo,.. you get ammo around the level and by using the chainsaw when you are basically empty.
Its different and similar, they focus on fast gameplay and IMO, they didn't want "AVG" players doing the end of level hunt for ammo or to back off enemies to hunt for the ammo,.. Health drops from kills, Ammo drops only from Chainsaws when desperate and you find fuel in most levels quite easily so its always ready to go.

I can see why some don't like it vs the original method, but some also prefer it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

yes, and monsters didnt explode in colourful bloom ammo things, you just picked up ammo packs from the ground

But imagine how boring it would have been without these new mechanics. Games have developed significantly since dooms first iteration.

I like it- it's got heavy metal, it's a super fast pace, and you just rip and tear demons up. So even though it's not 110% religious the game that came out over 20 years ago, that's cool

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

But imagine how boring it would have been without these new mechanics. Games have developed significantly since dooms first iteration.

I like it- it's got heavy metal, it's a super fast pace, and you just rip and tear demons up. So even though it's not 110% religious the game that came out over 20 years ago, that's cool

looking for stuff around the level and placed enemies was doom, this feels like painkiller or smthing

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

looking for stuff around the level and placed enemies was doom, this feels like painkiller or smthing

There's still those elements, there's TONS of collectables and upgrade type of stuff all around.

It's definitely taken a turn, but if the enemies were stagnant it would make for a really dry experience

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

14 hours ago, Slottr said:

There's still those elements, there's TONS of collectables and upgrade type of stuff all around.

It's definitely taken a turn, but if the enemies were stagnant it would make for a really dry experience

dont get me started on collectables, that just gives me an headache

i want placed enemies, placed ammo, and the odd spawnfest, thats all

1 hour ago, Windows95 said:

dont get me started on collectables, that just gives me an headache

i want placed enemies, placed ammo, and the odd spawnfest, thats all

Sucks to be you. I, personally, feel DOOM 2016 is very much a worthy sequel and I like the way they refreshed the game's mechanics for modern gaming and I am planning to enjoy the hell out of DOOM Eternal as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.