Small From Factor Board on a ATX Case

Maxpaine69

has Anybody did this, tranfer a a SFF board to an atx Case, in this case as elitedesk 800 g1?

An ITX motherboard is fully compatible with an ATX case

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Maxpaine69 said:

its a Small Form Factor from Hp, its not an itx boartd

Oh pretty sure that's just micro atx

https://www.newegg.com/product/9SIAA7W64S1748?ignorebbr=1&m_ver=1

This one right?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Maxpaine69 said:

link doesnt work

Make sure to quote people so we see your responses

Screenshot_20200210-163506_Newegg.jpg

Primary PC:

do you mean the "SFF" desktops, or the "DeskMini" desktops?

some of HP's SFF boxes have regular micro ATX motherboards, depending on the generation. (given, the power supply is still proprietary.) some others use a "mirrored" motherboard however, so that's shit outta luck.

also, dont even try mounting a deskmini board in a standard case, keep the board where it belongs.

11 hours ago, manikyath said:

do you mean the "SFF" desktops, or the "DeskMini" desktops?

some of HP's SFF boxes have regular micro ATX motherboards, depending on the generation. (given, the power supply is still proprietary.) some others use a "mirrored" motherboard however, so that's shit outta luck.

also, dont even try mounting a deskmini board in a standard case, keep the board where it belongs.

no its not a mini or a usdt its a sff.

4 hours ago, Maxpaine69 said:

no its not a mini or a usdt its a sff.

HP calls it SFF for marketing and name. That doesnt mean the motherboard is an SFF motherboard. 

Everything I'm seeing suggest it's a regular mATX motherboard crammed in a very tiny case, so any mATX case or ATX case should be able to natively mount this board.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

HP calls it SFF for marketing and name. That doesnt mean the motherboard is an SFF motherboard. 

Everything I'm seeing suggest it's a regular mATX motherboard crammed in a very tiny case, so any mATX case or ATX case should be able to natively mount this board.

hp's sff line has sort of gone between micro atx and btx boards. if the info i have is correct, OP is in luck, and its a (mostly) normal micro atx board.

that said, these things all have proprietary PSU as far as i'm aware (12vsb line and 12v line in a 6-pin connector, 4-pin eps connector for the cpu, and an 8(?) pin control connector that does stuff like PS_ON and PWR_OK.)

34 minutes ago, manikyath said:

hp's sff line has sort of gone between micro atx and btx boards. if the info i have is correct, OP is in luck, and its a (mostly) normal micro atx board.

that said, these things all have proprietary PSU as far as i'm aware (12vsb line and 12v line in a 6-pin connector, 4-pin eps connector for the cpu, and an 8(?) pin control connector that does stuff like PS_ON and PWR_OK.)

in the part of power its easy because there are adaptors for atx power supply

25 minutes ago, Maxpaine69 said:

in the part of power its easy because there are adaptors for atx power supply

these things use +12vsb instead of +5vsb if memory serves, so an adapter may not be as straight forward.

16 hours ago, manikyath said:

these things use +12vsb instead of +5vsb if memory serves, so an adapter may not be as straight forward.

ther are adapters specific for this, i dont know why but i assume its because of the powe supply its also in a proprietary format and to use a sfx or similar it needs the adaptor