Over the top case modding

This should be a fun one. (Excuse the lack of details and vagueness of this post, I may include more later. I'm trying to keep it under wraps for now as I dont want the idea taken or it to be out there until its further down the process.) Over the past few days I have had an idea for a custom case based on a certain theme that would also incorporate some new and interesting liquid cooling attempts (still need to look into my idea and its viability). The case itself would need custom glass and aluminum elements as well. Im very slowly learing to use blender right now to get a concept out. My biggest questions are; are there alot of people who are into making modded cases, would it be better to work from the ground up or cannibalize a premade case, how hard is it to get a sponser for something like this, and are there any places to show these cases off?

Thank you for any and all help

I've done a few ground up builds and a lot of custom mods over the last two decades.  When I got into the hobby most cases were white/beige and if you wanted a window you had to get out the Dremel and cut out one.  I just bought a waterjet for my business and plan on doing some custom panels for my current case when I get a little more comfortable with it.

It's a whole lot easier to cannibalize a case for at least the motherboard tray and expansion slots and modular drive cages can save you a lot of time.  I used this Mountain Mods tray in a wooden case I did for a friend and it was well worth the money. https://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?products_id=56

Sorry but forget about getting a sponsor, companies will only deal with someone who has a good reputation and a huge social media following.  There's a few other forums that specialize in case modding that have galleries and build logs.

Very few people actually build cases from scratch.

Some people mod them or buiild them for you, and it costs a few thousand dollars.

You're not gonna get sponsored.

A PC store might display a case for you, or just take it to a lan.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 hours ago, johnny5c said:

I've done a few ground up builds and a lot of custom mods over the last two decades.  When I got into the hobby most cases were white/beige and if you wanted a window you had to get out the Dremel and cut out one.  I just bought a waterjet for my business and plan on doing some custom panels for my current case when I get a little more comfortable with it.

It's a whole lot easier to cannibalize a case for at least the motherboard tray and expansion slots and modular drive cages can save you a lot of time.  I used this Mountain Mods tray in a wooden case I did for a friend and it was well worth the money. https://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?products_id=56

Sorry but forget about getting a sponsor, companies will only deal with someone who has a good reputation and a huge social media following.  There's a few other forums that specialize in case modding that have galleries and build logs.

How easy is it to find a company that will do a custom case and what companies are reputable for that?

1 hour ago, Ace_killer887 said:

How easy is it to find a company that will do a custom case and what companies are reputable for that?

It's as easy as going to protocase. They've done quite a few of the ltt custom cases. But it does not come cheap. My design was quite simple and was quoted over $1000

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

It's as easy as going to protocase. They've done quite a few of the ltt custom cases. But it does not come cheap. My design was quite simple and was quoted over $1000

I have a feeling that mine will be quite a bit more than that haha but i'll look them up, thank you