how to build a home network using 5G hotspot

KylorLee

listen i would like to make a home network using the 5G internet data floating over my house can someone tell me how i can do that cause this is the first time ive ever had internet speed that i feel is fast

im curious if i use wifi repeaters around my house will i get full coverage without losing any of the speed?

are we talking about cellular 5g? For home internet, stay away. Its going to be worse than a fiber/coax connection, and more expensive normally.

You can get modems, ask your isp what they suggest for a celluar modem.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

are we talking about cellular 5g? For home internet, stay away. Its going to be worse than a fiber/coax connection, and more expensive normally.

You can get modems, ask your isp what they suggest for a celluar modem.

well 5G is better and cellular data is the best i can do where i live

2 minutes ago, KylorLee said:

well 5G is better and cellular data is the best i can do where i live

What carriers do you have access to? 

Ask them what modems they suggest.

Also look for a wisp in your area, normally much better than cellular.

What carriers do you have access to? 

Ask them what modems they suggest.

Also look for a wisp in your area, normally much better than cellular.

i use tmobiles new 5g data and around her i can get about as far as i know 50 mpbs of speed maybe more if i can get my phone about 9 feet above my houses roof

1 minute ago, KylorLee said:

i use tmobiles new 5g data and around her i can get about as far as i know 50 mpbs of speed maybe more if i can get my phone about 9 feet above my houses roof

did you ask tmobe what cellular modem they suggest?

THen get a antenna and put it on your roof.

did you ask tmobe what cellular modem they suggest?

THen get a antenna and put it on your roof.

there are no 5G antennas availible if there are i cant find them also even if there are ill have to spend money i do not have yet to buy one

2 minutes ago, KylorLee said:

there are no 5G antennas availible if there are i cant find them also even if there are ill have to spend money i do not have yet to buy one

You don't need a different antenna, the bands are very simmilar, so the same antenna can be used.

They probably don't have 5g for home routers yet, you may have to wait, but its really not that big of a jump from 4g lte, so id just get that for now.

You don't need a different antenna, the bands are very simmilar, so the same antenna can be used.

They probably don't have 5g for home routers yet, you may have to wait, but its really not that big of a jump from 4g lte, so id just get that for now.

well first off i know from experience thats a LIE 5G is a MASSIVE LEAP compared to LTE thats a fact before i was able to use 5G on a good day my speeds would be about FIVE MBPS with this 5G just placing my phone in the window i get over 10 to 20 mbps when i raise my phone high in the air and use it as an antenna i get a COOL 50! hope to get more but no DO NOT TELL ME 5G ISENT A BIG JUMP FROM LTE because LTE would not even reach my room AT ALL and i had to use a shitty ass booster that wasent even very good cause the LTE signal wasent very good now with this 5G signal i can game without FUCKING LAGGING in a online game

so show me what antenna i can use that will work with my 5G 600 MHZ tmobile signal and ill be very happy k thx

What router or repeater do you have to use with it?

An antenna is not something you just throw on the roof and boom. You need a router or repeater that can accept the connector type or find adapters to adapt to your router/repeater and that will work with the signal frequency.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, KylorLee said:

That’s the thing 5G is new. What you have is low band 5G. Which is great for distance but will not perform as good as high band 5G. That also being said 600mhz is also very new. Hell in some areas TV stations are still using it to broadcast TV. My area for instance has just begun the frequency switch over for TV stations. Once that happens TMobile will switch on its 600 MHz transmitters. You will have to wait for products to be released.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

That’s the thing 5G is new. What you have is low band 5G. Which is great for distance but will not perform as good as high band 5G. That also being said 600mhz is also very new. Hell in some areas TV stations are still using it to broadcast TV. My area for instance has just begun the frequency switch over for TV stations. Once that happens TMobile will switch on its 600 MHz transmitters. You will have to wait for products to be released.

yes tmobile said 600 mhz is an old tv signal there using for their 5g im awaere of that also im aware the 5G thats floating around in my area is not the 1GB 5G they have in the big cities but the 5G now is WAY better than the previous LTE speeds in my area thats a fact

12 hours ago, Lurick said:

What router or repeater do you have to use with it?

An antenna is not something you just throw on the roof and boom. You need a router or repeater that can accept the connector type or find adapters to adapt to your router/repeater and that will work with the signal frequency.

well actually that is exactly what an antenna does but without a transmitter an antenna is useless so thats why im tethering my phone to my computer and using the new wifi adapter i connected to my computer as a transmitter for wifi around my house this is just a temporary solution i can get a real 5G antenna

PS even if there were 5G antennas out i currently do not have the money to pay for one so this is the quickest cheapest solution i could think of

basically my 5G phone is now offically more modum than phone which is why i want to use is to cover my whole house with wifi signals and could use some advise on how i could do that

23 hours ago, KylorLee said:

well first off i know from experience thats a LIE 5G is a MASSIVE LEAP compared to LTE thats a fact before i was able to use 5G on a good day my speeds would be about FIVE MBPS with this 5G just placing my phone in the window i get over 10 to 20 mbps when i raise my phone high in the air and use it as an antenna i get a COOL 50! hope to get more but no DO NOT TELL ME 5G ISENT A BIG JUMP FROM LTE because LTE would not even reach my room AT ALL and i had to use a shitty ass booster that wasent even very good cause the LTE signal wasent very good now with this 5G signal i can game without FUCKING LAGGING in a online game

I think you misunderstood, the antenna is one thing that receives a signal that is connected to a modem. Since you have low band 5G that is using 600 mhz you don't need a "new"antenna what you need is a 5G modem. I have not seen any 5G modems but you could ask T-Mobile if they offer any. If you can't find any, you could tether a 5G Capable phone with other devices to share the connection.

2 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

I think you misunderstood, the antenna is one thing that receives a signal that is connected to a modem. Since you have low band 5G that is using 600 mhz you don't need a "new"antenna what you need is a 5G modem. I have not seen any 5G modems but you could ask T-Mobile if they offer any. If you can't find any, you could tether a 5G Capable phone with other devices to share the connection.

T-Mobile does have home internet. It’s just not in all areas. Not sure if they use 600Mhz and or do 5G with it at this time. 

41 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

T-Mobile does have home internet. It’s just not in all areas. Not sure if they use 600Mhz and or do 5G with it at this time. 

They do have 5G. The divided their 5G into 3 categories (High band, Mid band, and low band) I am not sure what frequency is used by each but my guess is that the low band uses 600 MHz (and some other ones) while mid and high band use the actual 5G ones. In other words I think that you only really get 5G with High and maybe mid band, low band is just LTE

Here is the T-Mobile page on 5G:

https://www.t-mobile.com/5g

2 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

They do have 5G. The divided their 5G into 3 categories (High band, Mid band, and low band) I am not sure what frequency is used by each but my guess is that the low band uses 600 MHz (and some other ones) while mid and high band use the actual 5G ones. In other words I think that you only really get 5G with High and maybe mid band, low band is just LTE

Here is the T-Mobile page on 5G:

https://www.t-mobile.com/5g

They have 5G but not everywhere. 600 Mhz is not aviable every where. Thats what Im saying. T Mobile already stated that 600 Mhz will be low band 5G. Im a T Mobile sub so I keep up to date. What I was pointing out is T Mobile does have "Home Intertnet" as in internet that they expect to compete with wired broadband. The OP could look in to that, as it would have a Modem or gateway supplied by TMobile. Which might be a more elligate solution compared to using a phone.