Read this before you reformat your Win10 with Nvidia GPU's

Combat_Killer

Hello All,

I just thought i would let everyone know that if you are planning on resetting/reformatting your windows 10, just becareful if you are using NVidia GPU's.

After spending 4+hrs with NVidia support staff, they couldnt even solve this problem, so i had to spend up to 4 to 5 hrs on my own to solve this.

I dont know if this is just a one off thing, or an actual bug or not, all i know is i ran into troubles and the NVidia support staff couldnt even solve or fix this issue, it was until i sat down myself and worked out this puzzle, that i managed to get my PC to work properly.

So i thought i would just write down step by step on what i did to fix the issue.

Step 1. Unplug your ethernet cable from your pc. So Microsoft doesnt try and and update or have your system use background processes.

Step 2. Install your Windows 10 as normal.

Step 3. Once you have finished installing your OS and you are logged in on your desktop, then follow step 4 very carefully.

Step 4. Plug in your ethernet cable and connect to the internet, as soon as you connect, first thing you do is go straight away to the Microsoft Store and download and install the NVidia Control Panel APP - As fast as you can!

Step 5. Once you have installed the NVidia Control Panel APP from the Microsoft store, then just go ahead and proceed finishing off installing everything else as normal.

Im not 100% sure on whats going on here, but from now on you cannot have or install the NVidia CP software anymore in the "Program Folder", its now an APP.

I had a lot of problems surrounding the NVidia pop-up icon, to the point of not being able to use literately nothing, the only way i could access anything at all was through the "Run New Task" option from the task manager, and no Windows 10 based commands would work. It appeared that my Windows 10 OS was non-existent.

The old Windows 7 commands would work, but when i wanted to open up anything to do with Win10, nope!

Anyhow, i think the builtin NVidia CP software thats in now Windows 10, is buggy and glitchy.

I hope this post will help anyone that might have the same problem as me, as i spent well over 8 hrs to have finally fix it.

Here is some info i came across along the way as i was trying to solve my problems.

As good as it is, as of writing this, the NVIDIA Control Panel installed from Store is crashing for some users. Some users are also tweeting that the app is displaying "supported NVIDIA Driver is not installed on your system" when launched. Looks like the new store app has some ironing to do to be a good store app. Hopefully, NVIDIA does the needful and quickly to fix the issues.

You can download NVIDIA Control Panel from Store by searching for "NVIDIA Control Panel" or by clicking here. Once you are in the Store page, click on the "Install" button and Windows 10 will download the app and install it for you automatically.

Website --> Windowsloop 

Some time ago, NVIDIA released a version of their Control Panel for drivers to the Microsoft Store. Anyone can get it installed. However, it doesn't work out of the box. The app is locked to certain drivers and (probably) OEMs.

Website --> Winaero

Cheers,

NVidia Pop-up.png

48 minutes ago, Combat_Killer said:

I dont know if this is just a one off thing, or an actual bug or not

I'm gonna say it's you. I have not had any issues with reinstalling Windows and NVIDIA-drivers, whatsoever, on any of the handful of machines I have.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

That's odd. I reformatted/reinstalled a few days ago and had no issues. I just downloaded Geforce Experience and had that download the drivers and installed them through there. I don't have any issues at all.

I had the same experience as the last two posts.  A reformat and reinstall two weeks ago went just fine.  Just downloaded from the NVidia site and driver installation was OK.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10