Replacing fans in a Corsair Spec Delta

Slicer021

Hey everyone.  I just recently finished my 1st PC build a couple weeks ago now.  I am thinking about replacing the stock fans in my case as I just am not feeling the look of them. Was actually kinda thinking about replacing with Black fans and install a RGB strip to just provide a glow inside.  DO yall think its worth doing that on this case or would it be money better spent just replacing the case?  Seems this case is not very popular out there and alot of people are saying its trash.  I can hear what I think is the CPU cooler screaming pretty good when playing WoW but it could be the GPU so was hoping to just improve the overall airflow in the case as well as add a to exhaust fan.  Thanks for any help.  

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bYdNgJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($73.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB OC Video Card  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.99 @ Newegg) 

1 hour ago, Slicer021 said:

Hey everyone.  I just recently finished my 1st PC build a couple weeks ago now.  I am thinking about replacing the stock fans in my case as I just am not feeling the look of them. Was actually kinda thinking about replacing with Black fans and install a RGB strip to just provide a glow inside.  DO yall think its worth doing that on this case or would it be money better spent just replacing the case?  Seems this case is not very popular out there and alot of people are saying its trash.  I can hear what I think is the CPU cooler screaming pretty good when playing WoW but it could be the GPU so was hoping to just improve the overall airflow in the case as well as add a to exhaust fan.  Thanks for any help.  

The bottom of the panel is the only area where any airflow can actually get in, which makes the middle and top fan pretty useless. What are your system temperatures when playing WOW? You should be able to use a program like HWMonitor or HWInfo to monitor temperatures as well as see fan speeds of both CPU and GPU. 

Case swaps are doable, but of all the possible PC part swaps, cases are the worst because everything is affected. You're essentially rebuilding your entire system. So if we do decide a case swap is warranted, we should make sure all other options are off the table (adjusting fan speed curves in the BIOS/Third party software, modding the case, etc)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thank you for the reply.  I have checked the temps while running since I didn't have any SW loaded to do so.  I was using MSI Kombuster and I believe during that it got to 88 if I am remembering correctly.  I mean I dont have to swap the case I was just curious if it was worth investing any money into this case or is it trash I guess.  I definitely want to get an aftermarket cooler though anyway to help with the temps to get the most out of the Ryzen.  Was thinking about going with 2 140mm fans up front and add 2 120mm fans to the top.

5 hours ago, Slicer021 said:

Was thinking about going with 2 140mm fans up front and add 2 120mm fans to the top.

As mentioned the front panel will limit the effectiveness of basically any fan configuration you set up, so if you're looking for the best airflow, a Front panel mod or an entire case swap would be advised, whichever you feel more comfortable with. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

As mentioned the front panel will limit the effectiveness of basically any fan configuration you set up, so if you're looking for the best airflow, a Front panel mod or an entire case swap would be advised, whichever you feel more comfortable with. 

Thank you. What do you think I could do to mod the front panel?  I am new to PC building but not new to electronics and such so I can be comfortable with a lot lol. Just don’t know what to do. Thank you

11 hours ago, Slicer021 said:

Thank you. What do you think I could do to mod the front panel?  I am new to PC building but not new to electronics and such so I can be comfortable with a lot lol. Just don’t know what to do. Thank you

Your best bet is to increase your air vents in your front panel. Whether that's done with a dremel and a rotary disk, or a hole saw like I used in RGB Build 2019, the method is kinda up to you. Fortunately acrylic is pretty soft so it's easy to cut, but just be careful not to cut TOO much out of it, as it will significantly weaken the structural integrity of the panel. 

20190825_142231.thumb.jpg.c62f2e037635fecffe0d53986e220314.jpg