Flash drive Windows installer to DVD?

Nanley

Hello everyone, so i've used a tool and made Windows install USB pendrive. Everything's fine, it worked. So now that I know it's working, I would like to make that pendrive a DVD disc. Can I just do a regular copy pendrive files to DVD, or do i have to create an image or something else?

The same installer can write to a DVD too if you want to.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

You put an iso file on a DVD. but why would you want this? you can copy the contents of the usb and just put it on your pc. if you want a boot usb again, format it to fat 32 and only paste the content back onto the usb

There's no point to making a disk...

You can make a USB installer in just a few minutes any time you want.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

22 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

The same installer can write to a DVD too if you want to.

The tool created a "special" installer with added necessary drivers to it. I don't have base install disc with me at the moment to create another one.

21 minutes ago, jjdrost said:

You put an iso file on a DVD. but why would you want this?

I want to keep using my pendrive and not have it permanently with installer on it.

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

There's no point to making a disk...

You can make a USB installer in just a few minutes any time you want.

Not if something unexpected happens. I just want to have backup.

8 minutes ago, Nanley said:

The tool created a "special" installer with added necessary drivers to it. I don't have base install disc with me at the moment to create another one.

I want to keep using my pendrive and not have it permanently with installer on it.

Oke, you have to make with the Windows media creation tool a boot dvd then. you can't copy the usb files to the dvd and boot from the dvd. 

24 minutes ago, jjdrost said:

Oke, you have to make with the Windows media creation tool a boot dvd then. you can't copy the usb files to the dvd and boot from the dvd. 

Ok, so simple copy won't work. How about creating pendrive image and put it on DVD?

1 hour ago, Nanley said:

Then just use the media creation tool to put windows on a disk instead of a USB drive...

You already put it on a USB drive, it's literally the same process except instead of USB drive you click disk.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, jjdrost said:

You can't copy the installer from the pen drive to dvd because dvd use ISO file's

"it's a diffrent install proces"

1 hour ago, jjdrost said:

You can't copy the installer from the pen drive to dvd because dvd use ISO file's

"it's a diffrent install proces"

Ok so pendrive installer works differently than DVD drive. Does it work differently because it uses USB port and not SATA port like DVD drive? If i connect DVD drive through USB (using adapter cable) will it be treated as USB device, just like pendrive?

1 hour ago, Nanley said:

Ok so pendrive installer works differently than DVD drive. Does it work differently because it uses USB port and not SATA port like DVD drive? If i connect DVD drive through USB (using adapter cable) will it be treated as USB device, just like pendrive?

No. They are different as one is optical disk and another is seen as physical drive by mobo. Using external DVD drive would still show up as DVD drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ok, thanks everyone. I thought it's possible to transfer installer to DVD. I'll wait then and create new installer.