All of my games look choppy and jittery even at high fps.

Intensive background application maybe?

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you read the other comments? I have reinstlled windows and purchased a new Hard drive, it is not a background application. And even if It was, I would have bad fps which I do not have.

I am not going to install my Nvidea drivers BECAUSE I HAVE AN AMD GPU! IT IS NOT THE BLOODY DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TRIED SO MANY BLOODY DRIVERS, I WOULD NOT HAVE STARTED BYING COMPONENTS IF IT WAS THE DRIVERS!!!!!!

Sorry, misread your post.

An ultimate lurker                My Current Rig

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

I am a little confused, you are certain it is the CPU, but you think it is drivers and gpu? :/

well I'm certain it's the cpu, but if you don't if you don't agree with me about the cpu than your position you think it's a problem with optimization and drivers.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

well I'm certain it's the cpu, but if you don't if you don't agree with me about the cpu than your position you think it's a problem with optimization and drivers.

No, I just it could be a Motherboard or PSU problem, or even RAM.

No, I just it could be a Motherboard or PSU problem, or even RAM.

how much ram do you have? Motherboard unless it's broken in half isn't going to be doing this. Psu, how big is it then?
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you read the other comments? I have reinstlled windows and purchased a new Hard drive, it is not a background application. And even if It was, I would have bad fps which I do not have.

Yes I did read that, but it could be a windows background service or caused by a program that you use everyday. Just a thought.

§ ragedev.net §

Dude, it is not the mouse, I have tried a new one. I didn't list it because I thought it is a bit too minor of a change.

Dude, I was basing it on an issue that I had and something you did not list. I did state that it is an issue that I have and may be something that is an issue with you. Maybe state everything that you have tried next time. Sorry that I tried to help with my responce.

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Please stop with the bottlenetting crap! It is NOT bottle necking! I had this with my old GTX 560Ti! And when I first built my system It was fine, it just happned one day.

7970 is way faster than a 560 ti. You have to change your CPU. Stop trying to deny what is fact, an I3 cannot handle most demanding games, can't you upgrade it? I am sure it will be much faster.

I would say a 3570k would be a good choice.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I will say what everyone is saying, that is pretty weak CPU for gaming. But I think this is ram issue more than CPU. My old build had similiar symphtoms with 4gb of ram. Nice steady fps and annoying minilag. I had to bood pc everytime I wanted to play BF3. Otherwise it came unplayable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Please stop with the bottlenetting crap! It is NOT bottle necking! I had this with my old GTX 560Ti! And when I first built my system It was fine, it just happned one day.

You mentioned Hdmi somewhere, i'm surprised many people are saying its a bottleneck, it's cant be because of a bottleneck if he is getting 60+ fps, what's the refresh rate of your monitor. I'm damn sure that the problem is with your monitor, coz there's no other reason you would get laggy gameplay over 60+. Try a friend's monitor or any different display on the house, you mentioned you used a TV too, but then again you must've used a HDmi cable, the problem is the refresh rate you're monitor is running on.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

What worked for me was lowering the "report rate" Hz for my mouse. Set it at 250Hz or less. Mine was at 1,000, and despite my PC being very powerful my screen was skipping when looking around. Lowering it solved it right away.