All of my games look choppy and jittery even at high fps.

Hello, I have been living with a problem with my computer for around 9 months now. To put it simply, every game I play looks choppy, jittery and laggy no matter how good my fps is. I have tried your normal things like using V-sync, and it does make it slighly better, but I should not have to use it as it used to be fine, it just started one day.

I have tried many ways of fixing the problem so far including, Trying a different monitor, reinstalling Windows, Buying a new Hard drive, Buying a new GPu, buying a new CPU cooler, buying a new HDMI cable, and yet I have still not fixed it :(
 It is increadibly annoying, and I can't play any games as it is so choppy and unenjoyable they just aren't fun. I would juts like to add that this is unaffected by what game settings I use, low or high, I get the problem.

System specs:

i3 3220

CX 600

HD 7970

Asus P8Z77V -LX

Kingston Blu

The next thing that I am thinking about doing is buying an new CPU, but this is very costly and might do nothing, so I would like to know what you think I should get next. :)

I would really appriciate any replies that I get (Exept people telling me to use V-sync) as I am starting to feel like there is no fix. :( Thanks for reading!

what games in particular? the games where its most apparent. i would assume from what you have replaced that your problem is the cpu, but its not all that bad of one unless your trying to play games like metro and battlefield 4.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I think vsync is what causes stuttering.

I think vsync is what causes stuttering.

Didn't read OP? - WITH and Without Vsync, still happens.

@Wormegg

But,..Out of EVERYTHING you said, you never mentioned changing drivers once...

Download the latest 13.12's, and the 13.11's if the 12's don't work.

DON"T INSTANTLY GO USE BETA DRIVERS!

Try multiple versions to rule out one or another...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You are probably being bottlenecked by your weak CPU.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

what games in particular? the games where its most apparent.

It occurs in every game that I play. I have noticed that it get worse at high intensity points, however during these times my FPS is a steady 60+. :)

You are probably being bottlenecked by your weak CPU.

No this is not the case, I did say that I never used to have this problem.

Didn't read OP? - WITH and Without Vsync, still happens.

@Wormegg

But,..Out of EVERYTHING you said, you never mentioned changing drivers once...

Download the latest 13.12's, and the 13.11's if the 12's don't work.

DON"T INSTANTLY GO USE BETA DRIVERS!

Try multiple versions to rule out one or another...

I did say that I reinstalled Windows thus I have tried different drivers. I do also want to say that I don't just buy new Graphics cards and Hard drives for the fun of it, of corse I have tried everything software related. Thanks anyway.

I have an issue like this and it started once I bought a cheaper mouse for like $10. Maybe that can be the issue with you, just mouse stutter. Not saying that is the cause but it is just an idea

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

what games in particular? the games where its most apparent. i would assume from what you have replaced that your problem is the cpu, but its not all that bad of one unless your trying to play games like metro and battlefield 4.

But the thing is, it's not about how powerful the CPU is, my fps is fine, it just looks unsmooth.

Surprised no one asked :o what monitor are you running on? 

An ultimate lurker                My Current Rig

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

I have an issue like this and it started once I bought a cheaper mouse for like $10. Maybe that can be the issue with you, just mouse stutter. Not saying that is the cause but it is just an idea

Dude, it is not the mouse, I have tried a new one. I didn't list it because I thought it is a bit too minor of a change.

Open GPUZ (Or download it first then open it :P)

Find out the PCIE Link Width.

PCIE speed and mode..not being PCIE 2.0 x16/8x or PCIE 3.0 16x/8x is a problem...

If its in PCIE 2.0 1x or 2x or 4x, its a problem!!!

If its PCIE 3.0 1x/2x its a problem.

I think it could be limiting you from the specifics you mentioned...

When I had a driver bug and was at PCIE 2.0 4x, I was still seeing the high fps, but the dips and stutters were HUGE!

Like you stated: I think as its been fine when you built it, I think your drivers are bugged..

Download/Run and Share your PCIE Link Width value in GPUZ

I know you mentioned drivers, but bugs can start happening on STABLE drivers too... Give GPUz Link width a look.

@Wormegg ^

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I am running an Asus VE247H. It has a 2 ms responce time so I do not think it is that. I have also tried another monitor and using my TV.

As @SkilledRebuilds said, try reinstalling your drivers. Make sure that you uninstall your current drivers first though, did this happen after updating your drivers? did you Uninstall your drivers before your last update? 

CPU- I5 3570K GPU- AMD HD7950 Motherboard- Asus P8H77-I Ram- 8GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo SSD- Samsung 256GB 850 Pro, 256GB OCZ Agility

Hard Drive- 2TB WD Green Power Supply- Silverstone 450W SFX Case- Bitfenix Prodigy Operating Systems- Windows 7/OSX Mavericks Monitor- HP Pavillion 23BW IPS 

Open GPUZ (Or download it first then open it :P)

Find out the PCIE Link Width.

PCIE speed and mode..not being PCIE 2.0 x16/8x or PCIE 3.0 16x/8x is a problem...

If its in PCIE 2.0 1x or 2x or 4x, its a problem!!!

If its PCIE 3.0 1x/2x its a problem.

I think it could be limiting you from the specifics you mentioned...

When I had a driver bug and was at PCIE 2.0 4x, I was still seeing the high fps, but the dips and stutters were HUGE!

I think as its been find when you built it, I think your drivers are bugged..

Download/Run and Share your PCIE Link Width value in GPUZ

I know you mentioned drivers, but bugs can start happening on STABLE drivers too... Give GPUz Link width a look.

I will try this, but I just want to say that my old gpu was a GTX 560Ti, which is obviously an Nvidea card, so I am doubting that it is drivers. (I had the problem with the old card too, and bought the AMD one in the hope of fixing it.)

But the thing is, it's not about how powerful the CPU is, my fps is fine, it just looks unsmooth.

well then its drivers or poor game optimization, but im almost certain its the cpu. check your cpu usage and gpu usage n a game that jitters.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

As @SkilledRebuilds said, try reinstalling your drivers. Make sure that you uninstall your current drivers first though, did this happen after updating your drivers? did you Uninstall your drivers before your last update? 

I have reinstalled windows so Isn't it certain that they are installes properly.

^ Big deal to not install over the top.. not saying you do this.. just its a biggie.

well then its drivers or poor game optimization, but im almost certain its the cpu. check your cpu usage and gpu usage n a game that jitters.

I am a little confused, you are certain it is the CPU, but you think it is drivers and gpu? :/

It occurs in every game that I play. I have noticed that it get worse at high intensity points, however during these times my FPS is a steady 60+. :)

OK soo run a game thats not  roo demanding like TF2 or League of Legend, after you run those games , if there is a vsync turn it off, download the latest drivers and run the games again

after that if its still unsmooth, open your computer if its dusty clean it, if not close it and run a game (lets take tf2 for a example)

after running it , join a server (or run a campain mission if your not using tf2) and idle after a while run a round see if its still choppy

if your still having problems if you have another computer put the card in that one , see if it still studders

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

I have reinstalled windows so Isn't it certain that they are installes properly.

Make sure you have your Nvidia AMD drivers installed, if so, did you format the partition before the reinstall? Cables are all plugged in correctly? Try downloading Afterburner and adding some more voltage to the card (if you can). Have you overclocked before? 

EDIT: I also think that it could be a CPU bottleneck, try downloading the latest mantle drivers (14.1) and running BF4 (if you have it) to see if that will solve the issue. If so it's definitely bottleneck.

To me this looks like a CPU bottleneck. That radeon card will probably perform better with at least a i5 quadcore processor. Now even though that processor has hyperthreading, it would still help to upgrade that i3 to an i5 at least. When I had a i5 650 that was a 3.2GHz dual core with hyperthreading the P.O.S. processor bottlenecked my two 6950 2GB cards that I ran before I updated my system. When I slapped a i7 in my rig it solved all of my problems with game performance because I had issues like your describing with my older computer too. If you need any more help, hollar. Good luck.

Please stop with the bottlenetting crap! It is NOT bottle necking! I had this with my old GTX 560Ti! And when I first built my system It was fine, it just happned one day.

well usually it's 1080p, most who have anything above thatjuntwantto show off any mention they have one.
Spoiler

Make sure you have your Nvidia drivers installed, if so, did you format the partition before the reinstall? Cables are all plugged in correctly? Try downloading Afterburner and adding some more voltage to the card (if you can). Have you overclocked before? 

I am not going to install my Nvidea drivers BECAUSE I HAVE AN AMD GPU! IT IS NOT THE BLOODY DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TRIED SO MANY BLOODY DRIVERS, I WOULD NOT HAVE STARTED BYING COMPONENTS IF IT WAS THE DRIVERS!!!!!!