tired of wireless connection? so am i!

super_teabag

This is the last day for this promo code only, and I am really tired of a wireless connection at my home, so I've ordered one of these bad boys.

D-Link DHP-309AV PowerLine AV+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127481

D-Link I've had wireless products from them before, and they're okay. Not bad, but they do what they're supposed to havn't had any issues with this company in the past.

Are those powerline things reliable? I have been thinking about buying one also. :)

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

Are those powerline things reliable? I have been thinking about buying one also. :)

depends on the powerlines in your home. That could make or break it. 

i have powerlines round my house, TP link there great my house is 30 year old.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I bought a set of Netgear ones.

i managed to get a maximum transfer rate of 35mbps. The house I used them in was rewired in around 2001 (I think).

They are pretty awful, and I decided to just buy a spool of cat6 instead.

I've used a set of netgear one's previously, and they worked fine; however, what most people have a problem with is the breaker systems in homes. You can have two seperate "networks" if you will for delivering power throughout your house. If one of the adapters is plugged into an outlet that is not part of the other dual breaker system it will not work, or sync with the rest of the wired connection. That's were your problems may lie.

Yeah, we have an older D-link router and I just hate the thing. I don't get a great signal from it in my room and it randomly stops working for some devices every once in a while until it's restarted. (My brother just throws stuff at and hits people who try to restart it while he's playing his precious CoD on the Xbox.) It's also the wrong revision for DD-WRT so we can't do that either. I put an old Linksys/Cisco router in my room and wired an ethernet cord from the router, through the basement, and to the router in my room. It has DD-WRT on it and I put a heatsink on the main chip and the amp so it runs cooler. I still get better ping than my dad in CoD 1 even though his computer is slightly better than mine and his is wired directly to the D-link. My theory is that because his computer is on the second floor the internet has to work harder to go uphill.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I've used a set of netgear one's previously, and they worked fine; however, what most people have a problem with is the breaker systems in homes. You can have two seperate "networks" if you will for delivering power throughout your house. If one of the adapters is plugged into an outlet that is not part of the other dual breaker system it will not work, or sync with the rest of the wired connection. That's were your problems may lie.

Yup.  If you have two separate power grids you can't use one of these, and you lose speed, especially in comparison to ethernet.  Still better than going with a wifi range extender if range is your problem though.

Like I said a power line adapter that appears to be of decent quality for 30 dollars? And you don't have to worry about firmware this, sync that, driver that. You can take it anywhere and use it at any home. Wired for life

I have a NetGear Powerline and it is awesome. 200 mbits though

Space is pretty awesome.

I have TP Links and I couldn't get a stable link speed with them. The speed would drop in and out. I just use Dual Band Wifi and it works just fine. Stays connected at 300Mbps.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15