GPU not being fully utilised in Insurgency.

EasonIDontKnowAnything

I've been playing Insurgency for a few weeks now since I got my GTX 750 Ti. It's a used card and I've overclocked it to about 1400 MHz and 3110 MHz for the core and memory clocks respectively. 

Playing Insurgency on everything set to the lowest possible settings at at 1280x1024, I rarely got above 100 FPS. In fact, I frequently dipped down to around 30 FPS. I wasn't really annoyed with that, because the overall experience was better than playing with the iGPU of a Pentium G620 before I upgraded to a 3220 and 750 Ti. But what I have recently discovered is that if I set all the settings to high/very high, my FPS actually improved (still had dips to 30 in some maps during "intense" situations), and that my GPU usage stayed in roughly the same range playing from as little as 25% to ~60% in both instances. The core clock even reached as low as 849 MHz in game, and only ever went up to 1400 MHz a few times. My CPU on the other hand regularly stayed at around 70% usage. 

Nobody can tell how the card was used before, it could be more stable if you don't overclock it...Maybe it is overheating when you see drop to 30...  Avoid FPS spikes by using a limiter at 60 maybe.

9 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Nobody can tell how the card was used before, it could be more stable if you don't overclock it...Maybe it is overheating when you see drop to 30...  Avoid FPS spikes by using a limiter at 60 maybe.

The tempreature never reached above 50 celcius.

33 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Insurgency

We are talking legal copy? Because pirated games might have some issues. I would try limiting fps to 60 as @RageTester advised and seeing if that improves things. I assume your monitor is 60 Hz so your not loosing much by limiting fps

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

We are talking legal copy? Because pirated games might have some issues. I would try limiting fps to 60 as @RageTester advised and seeing if that improves things. I assume your monitor is 60 Hz so your not loosing much by limiting fps

Bought it from Steam like, in 2018? 

Just now, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Bought it from Steam like, in 2018? 

Got it, just making sure that the game itself isn't the issue.