Which monitor should I buy?

pajpaj

Here are the list:

• ZOWIE XL2411
  • VIEWSONIC XG2401
  • ASUS VG248QE
  • MSI G24C

Which monitor should I buy? And why? Which monitor is less on motion blur? ghosting? Are they really all 1ms?

I will use it as a gaming monitor, I play League of Legends mainly. Thanks.

I am reminded of an old pet store joke where the shopkeeper is asked by the customer to net the feeder goldfish that has “the pretty smile”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I am reminded of an old pet store joke where the shopkeeper is asked by the customer to net the feeder goldfish that has “the pretty smile”

So are they all technically the same?

1 hour ago, pajpaj said:

So are they all technically the same?

No idea.  Many monitors are though.  The thing is there are a lot more monitor makers than there are panel makers.  Zowie is benQ for example, and they don’t make their own panels at all.  They use factory seconds from Samsung or LG.  The result is while you MAY get a panel as good as a front line Samsung or LG monitor or you may get one with some sort of defect.  I have a crossfire which is a company that does the exact same thing.  My monitor has ever so slightly uneven backlight.  It was a ton cheaper though.

ignore the brand. Find out what the panel is.  Then you’ll know what you are really looking at.

as far as the anecdote goes though I was thinking more of how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  The one you like best is going to be the one you like best.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.