Problem connecting monitor

IzzuddinFX

Hello everybody, I'd just bought a sapphire r9 290 tri-x, after i'd unboxed it, i cant connect to my dvi monitor, i also cannot connect it using hdmi head cable to dvi head plugged to the card.. please help me somebody :-(

Hello everybody, I'd just bought a sapphire r9 290 tri-x, after i'd unboxed it, i cant connect to my dvi monitor, i also cannot connect it using hdmi head cable to dvi head plugged to the card.. please help me somebody :-(

What do you mean? Doesn't the 290 have DVI?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hey. Have you made sure that the PCI-Ex power cables are connected properly. What power supply are you using?

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Do you have the drives installed? Can you use a different screen while configuring the drivers?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

yes, but it the monitor does not detect any signal from the card, is there any hardware problem or any incompatibility issue?

yes, all the power cable is connected, i'm using a 700w xigmaek tauro psu.

Any sign of life from the card its self? Lights or fans starting on it?

yes, all the fan is spinning properly, are there any way to know if the card is damaged?

Do you have the drives installed? Can you use a different screen while configuring the drivers?

nope, i just have 1 monitor...

i know this sound cheesy, but did you browse thru the user manual to find if there's maybe a primary port or something like that, i remember a problem a while ago similar to that, but in my case it was due to the difference of DVI-I and DVI-D, try looking into that too.

FYI: http://www.uwp.edu/departments/campus.technology/information/classroom.technology/forms/documents/DVITypes.pdf

good luck

Make sure you're looking at the right input for ex. the monitor I have has HDMI 1, hdmi 2 etc input so, if the gpu is connected to hdmi1 and you're looking at hdmi 2or dvi or something then corse it wont work. I'm pretty sure that not the case but it happened to me. And have you tried the monitor with other gpu's??  And try moving the mouse or click keys when powering up.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

i know this sound cheesy, but did you browse thru the user manual to find if there's maybe a primary port or something like that, i remember a problem a while ago similar to that, but in my case it was due to the difference of DVI-I and DVI-D, try looking into that too.

FYI: http://www.uwp.edu/departments/campus.technology/information/classroom.technology/forms/documents/DVITypes.pdf

good luck

the card have 2 dvi-d port i think, if i'm using a dvi to vga adapter it will not work right???

Do you have onboard graphics? If so you might have to disable them in your BIOS. You shouldn't have to but it's something to troubleshoot

Go into your UEFI and make sure that PCIe is the default GPU source. If you have done this then RMA the CPU if not do it. 

I think i found a fix to your problem. Go here.....http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/115122-problem-connecting-monitor/  and scroll down to UEFI BIOS support and read what they put up. Now if you did your motherboard BIOS update and you still having this problem i would contact Sapphire.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Do you have onboard graphics? If so you might have to disable them in your BIOS. You shouldn't have to but it's something to troubleshoot

nope, dont have onboard graphic.. :-(

the card have 2 dvi-d port i think, if i'm using a dvi to vga adapter it will not work right???

that's ok but the adapters can also be different, make sure that you use the right one, you can't connect a DVI-I adapter to a DVI-D, they have to be matching, and notice the difference between single and dual link DVI's.

that's ok but the adapters can also be different, make sure that you use the right one, you can't connect a DVI-I adapter to a DVI-D, they have to be matching, and notice the difference between single and dual link DVI

both is DVI-D type, so it does not support VGA monitor right??

the R9-290 does not support VGA adapter that is correct. 

You mite want to try another cable.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

thank you for all of your support, actually, the card is DOA, so sapphire replaced it with a new one :D