BMC setup (for WoL) on old server

yoyDIY

So I have a very old server, a IBM System x3250 M2. Is there anyone who can guide me how to access its web interface or if there is even one available. I just don't seem to get anything that can work. The BMC port did get a IP but I don't know how to connect to it and work with this protocol. Any advice would be appreciated

A little bit of Googling says the server has an IPMI (BMC) which should equate to a WebUI like modern IPMI implementations.

You should be able to connect to the IPMI by going to your web browser and typing in the URL: http://ip-of-bmc

@Windows7ge Thank you for your response, sadly there is no Web UI. I wonder if the server is before those times and its all command line

5 hours ago, yoyDIY said:

@Windows7ge Thank you for your response, sadly there is no Web UI. I wonder if the server is before those times and its all command line

I believe some of the older implementations had you using proprietary software you'd install on a machine and yes some were CLI only often over Telnet. Some documentation I found mentioned a Console (CLI) while discussing the BMC functionality so you may be correct.

You can try connecting to the IP from a terminal or PuTTY using SSH or Telnet. See if it gives a response.

Hi, it seems it doesn't want to connect with SSH or Telnet, any other suggestions you got perhaps?