Power supply compatibility

EDrack

Hello. I'm building a new PC with Powercolor RX590 Red Dragon Graphic card  and AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor. Is AEROCOOL VX PLUS 650W power supply will be enough for this build ?

2 minutes ago, EDrack said:

Hello. I'm building a new PC with Powercolor RX590 Red Dragon Graphic card  and AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor. Is AEROCOOL VX PLUS 650W power supply will be enough for this build ?

Oh heck yes.  Waaay more than enough.  One trick you can try is go to pcpartpicker.com and do a build of your components.  You don’t have to buy anything.  Just type in what you got and it will tell you what your power draw is.  The number it gives you will be a bit low, but it’s not useless.  I’m betting 500w is more than enough, unless you decide to overclock the absolute snot out of the 1600.  There are people that do that. Generally on water.  It’s one of the last really overclockable AMD chips.  The 2xxx stuff will a little. With the 3xxx stuff it’s close to pointless though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Oh heck yes.  Waaay more than enough.  One trick you can try is go to pcpartpicker.com and do a build of your components.  You don’t have to buy anything.  Just type in what you got and it will tell you what your power draw is.  The number it gives you will be a bit low, but it’s not useless.  I’m betting 500w is more than enough, unless you decide to overclock the absolute snot out of the 1600.  There are people that do that. Generally on water.  It’s one of the last really overclockable AMD chips.  The 2xxx stuff will a little. With the 3xxx stuff it’s close to pointless though. 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, EDrack said:

At maximum power draw from the system, you should be right around the highest efficiency on the efficiency curve for that PSU. (which is a big reason why you should aim for the 50-60% of the PSU's power limit most of the time, because that's usually where it's most efficient)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms