FINALLY Wireless Headphones that Sound GREAT

JonoT

They look awesome...how much do they cost?  

My vote is for Corsair HS70 SE...bonus they come with a microphone for trash talking...and they actually sound like awesome!  I just bought them for gaming when they were $80 (think they are more expensive now)...didn't realize how good they were till I played BF5 wearing them...felt like I was playing the game for the very first time.  Sound as good or even better listening to movies/music...better than my Beyerdynamics that cost 350 bones.

5 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

How much do they cost?  I have ADHD and can't watch an entire 13 minute video.  

My vote is for Corsair HS70 SE...bonus they come with a microphone for trash talking...and they actually sound like awesome!  I just bought them for gaming when they were $80 (think they are more expensive now)...didn't realize how good they were till I played BF5 wearing them...felt like I was playing the game for the very first time.  Sound as good or even better listening to movies/music...better than my Beyerdynamics that cost 350 bones.

It's an indiegogo campaign, it looks like the Recommended price is going to be $399, but current pre-orders can be gotten at $349.

17 minutes ago, coonwhiz said:

It's an indiegogo campaign, it looks like the Recommended price is going to be $399, but current pre-orders can be gotten at $349.

Yeah jesus any headphones that cost $400 should sound good.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

aptX Adaptive... nice to see. Can anyone confirm if aptX Adaptive is actually in all Android 10 phones offering low latency, or just more vaporware?

Guys can you please go back to putting the actual name of the product in the title? I'm not gonna lie, I was a little distracted while watching but fuck me was it hard to understand what product you were reviewing, even in the description the model was buried under a wall of (tbh, useless) text and links. It also took a whole minute for Linus to say what it was. I understand you gotta make these titles borderline clickbait but come on.

This comment may come across a little ranty, and it is, but I thought knowing what product I was looking at was a basic prerequisite.

The review itself was plenty good tho.

Does anyone have something in the $100 range that is over ear and noise cancelling? I love that these ones are wireless+wired and charge with type C, but I'm guessing those features put it above that range. Bluetooth if wireless so it works on phone and laptop. 

Desktop: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 2400MHz | GTX 1070 EVGA FTW | 256GB NVMe + 1TB SSD

Primary Server: i9-9900K @ 5GHz | 128GB DDR4 2666MHz | GT 750 Ti | 1TB NVMe + 80TB HDD

Secondary Server: Xeon X5675 @ 3.1GHz | 96GB DDR3 1366MHz ECC | Quadro 2000 | 1TB SSD + 16TB HDD

Backup server (old desktop): i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GTX 660 MSI TF2 | 2TB SSD

4 hours ago, hgpot said:

Does anyone have something in the $100 range that is over ear and noise cancelling? I love that these ones are wireless+wired and charge with type C, but I'm guessing those features put it above that range. Bluetooth if wireless so it works on phone and laptop. 

Noise cancelling works primarily on constant sounds.  Not sure what your use is but a pair of closed back headphones may be all you need.  Some of them block out pretty much all sound.  It would allow you to get a nicer pair of headphones.  The audio Technica athm50x is my primary cans and I've seen the bt go as low as 130 range but they are normally 180 to 2.  The wired ones go for 150 normally but might hit your budget on sale.  If you are dealing with loud sounds they won't be enough.  Good luck

Have you considered reviewing the audeara a-01 wireless anc headphone, it has a feature that gives you a hearing test and then changes the audio profile to best suit  you 

"Needs more padding".

Do they have arts and crafts stores in Canada?

What about Nuraphones? Headphones that cost a mere $400 and have been released for almost a year? I would love to see your thoughts on this, LinusTechTips.