Tubing Review and Tygon e3603 tubes -> Remove printing with acetone?

So I am still pissed that I cant buy good old Primoflex Adv LRT. This tubing was so awesome and produced absolute zero gunk or anything in combination with the aqua computer DP ultra fluid.

Everyone is clear 13/10mm

So I have now tested other tubes form: 

• Corsair: Nice clarity but super thin walls and therefore poor bending radius. Flexibility ok
  • Mayhems: STINKS like hell: Plasticizer and shit... not clear but pink opaque coloring. Let it sit for the smell to move out for 3 days -> tubing got really hard and harsh. Crappy bend radius and kinks even more easy than corsair.
  • AlphaCool: Same as the Mayhems but little less smell and blue coloring

So now I bit the bullet and got some Tygon e3603. Expensive, but:  Doesn't smell, super clear, super flexible, nice bending radius!!

But there is printing on the outside of the tube. You guys think I can rub it of with some acetone?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

What?

It's the LRT tubing that leeches plasticizer, not the mayhems tubing.

Also the mayhems tubing is blueish not pink.

Are you sure you're looking at the right stuff?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

29 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What?

It's the LRT tubing that leeches plasticizer, not the mayhems tubing.

Also the mayhems tubing is blueish not pink.

Are you sure you're looking at the right stuff?

Yeha! Ordered the mayhems tubing from Caseking.de

LRT was always awesome. I got that form Aquatuning.de

Here is the Mayhems:

Spoiler

IMG_2300.thumb.jpg.7c34743f14899928a64750382b16547e.jpg

Doesn't come across 100% true but yeha AND IT STINKS. Maybe they have changed their supplier or something?

2 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yeha! Ordered the mayhems tubing from Caseking.de

LRT was always awesome. I got that form Aquatuning.de

Here is the Mayhems:

Doesn't come across 100% true but yeha AND IT STINKS. Maybe they have changed their supplier or something?

Maybe try buying from a different store that has newer stock?

Or buy directly from mayhems?

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/02/05/extreme-rigs-soft-tubing-test/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 hours ago, Enderman said:

Maybe try buying from a different store that has newer stock?

Or buy directly from mayhems?

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/02/05/extreme-rigs-soft-tubing-test/

yeha ok that doesn’t fit with my observations...

maybe i realy just got old stuff or they mixed up some brands over there...

well i have the Tygon now and will try the acetone on it at the weekend 

14 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

yeha ok that doesn’t fit with my observations...

maybe i realy just got old stuff or they mixed up some brands over there...

well i have the Tygon now and will try the acetone on it at the weekend 

try methyl hydrate first.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

10 hours ago, jasonc_01 said:

try methyl hydrate first.

I tried Methanol and ethanol. None of them worked. So last resort is acetone. I dont want to use to serious shit to not ruin the tubing itself...

Do you have something else I can try?

8 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I tried Methanol and ethanol. None of them worked. So last resort is acetone. I dont want to use to serious shit to not ruin the tubing itself...

Do you have something else I can try?

Just sayin that you probably should not have used ethanol or methanol. 2nd column from right.

https://www.biopharm.saint-gobain.com/sites/imdf.biopharm.com/files/chemical-compatibility-chart-bps_0.pdf

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Just sayin that you probably should not have used ethanol or methanol. 2nd column from right.

https://www.biopharm.saint-gobain.com/sites/imdf.biopharm.com/files/chemical-compatibility-chart-bps_0.pdf

Yes! Those tubes are absolutely not made to be run with ethanol or methanol. That will dissolve them. But I have asked a buddy who studies chemistry and he told me that its fine for a minute and then being washed off. I just wanted to clean the writing off. 

And thanks for the link! It says Glycol: Excellent so I should be save with my DP Ultra coolant (wich is based on Glycol)

acetone will for sure remove the lettering (by dissolving the pvc) so be quick and hope that the tubing is not damaged structurally. I don't have better suggestions apart from graduating soft tubing and joining the hardline club ;)

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

acetone will for sure remove the lettering (by dissolving the pvc) so be quick and hope that the tubing is not damaged structurally. I don't have better suggestions apart from graduating soft tubing and joining the hardline club ;)

KK, I will try that. Well idd love to do hard tubing,  but I have a fairly big loop with manny fittings and need to change parts frequently. I am doing 24/7 F@H+ BOINC and therefore need to keep my hardware up to date. Soft tubing is much more easy to work with when changing out parts.

But yeha hard is dman sexy and some day ill also do it!