New CPU and GPU cooler advice needed

Yasin40

Hi guys 

So I want to upgrade my Ryzen 5 1600 cooler from the stock one since it's started making a lot more noise than it used to even though it is clean. I was thinking about something from Scythe as they are relatively cheap and well performing. I don't know if I should go for the Mugen 5 PCGH, Fuma 2 or Ninja 5. My priority is good temps, then noise. But noise is also very important. I plan to upgrade my cpu to a 3900X or 3700x sometime in the future and I would like the cooler to still be good enough. Which one of the three would be the best choice in my case? 

Also my GPU fans (gigabyte 1070tj 3 fan) are very loud, especially under load. I definitely do not have the money for water cooling, so I thought I should do a mod where I just put case fans on the heatsink, but I have no idea which fans would be best. I want to run the card with a mild overclock, with silence being the most important thing. Are there cheap 120mm fans that are silent and better than the 3 small fans that are on my card now? I've been looking around but I can't seem to really find any good fan reviews. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you looked at the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo? Low price and much quieter than a stock cooler.

As far as GPU cooling, I've not heard of the method you're attempting, but Noctua and Corsair fans are both effective and quiet.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

1 hour ago, Yasin40 said:

Also my GPU fans (gigabyte 1070tj 3 fan) are very loud, especially under load. I definitely do not have the money for water cooling, so I thought I should do a mod where I just put case fans on the heatsink, but I have no idea which fans would be best. I want to run the card with a mild overclock, with silence being the most important thing. Are there cheap 120mm fans that are silent and better than the 3 small fans that are on my card now?

I’ve done it before with my old gtx 970 which had two little fans. So I took out the shroud and just attached two 120mm fans to the heatsink, using cable ties. This worked like a charm, dropped temps by huge amount. 
As of which fans to use it doesn’t really matter, you can get something like Arctic p12’s which are cheap but still decent. 

037823E7-F4DE-4C71-BE97-80A6F38D39BE.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Fuma 2 is best of those Scythe ones. As for GPU, have you tried to tweak fan curve? 80C is still good load temp for GPU (mine maxes at 83C with fan speed limited to 60%).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Fuma 2 is best of those Scythe ones. As for GPU, have you tried to tweak fan curve? 80C is still good load temp for GPU (mine maxes at 83C with fan speed limited to 60%).

I tried playing with the fan curve but it's just loud

What kind of fans would be good? For quietness and better performance? 

1 hour ago, Yasin40 said:

I tried playing with the fan curve but it's just loud

What kind of fans would be good? For quietness and better performance? 

BeQuiet, Fractal Design, EK Vardars, Noctuas, Corsair ML series. Though if you are looking at GPU cooler and not case fans, options are rather limited to Arctic Accelero or NZXT G10.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your specs and how is the system airflow configured?

What are your gpu temps under load and what rpm are your case fans running at?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.