5600xt or 1660ti

Sethisfrosty

Hey guys I'm wondering if an rx 5600xt would be better than a 1660ti and what aftermarket version would be the best? 

3 minutes ago, Sethisfrosty said:

Hey guys I'm wondering if an rx 5600xt would be better than a 1660ti and what aftermarket version would be the best? 

Looking at some reviews sounds like 5600xt will be better option for similar price. 
Sapphire, PowerColor, Msi, gigabytes usually have best aftermarket coolers 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

2 minutes ago, Sethisfrosty said:

The 1660 TI isn't the purchase unless you're budget is stupidly rigid at 290USD.

So it's either the 1660 Super or the 5600 XT. Just depends which feature set works better for you. The 5600 XT is faster and will age better (new uArch, so a lot of room for continued improvement), but the 1660 is a good bit cheaper and comes with Nvidia's feature set.  For 5600 XT, we've just gotten reviews, but it looks like the Sapphire Pulse and PowerColor Red Dragon are probably the choice.

Jayz compared 1660ti and 5600xt 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Oh yes, please, let's drop and isolate the 1660Ti, let it drop in price...

I mean, there's almost no reason to buy the 1660 Super as long as the Ti is still around...

17 hours ago, Sethisfrosty said:

5600XT hands down but with the caveat that you might have to deal with flashing the BIOS and secondly the drivers for AMD just aren't as good as Nvidia's 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

If you can find one of those fancy 300$ RTX 2060 deals that's what I would do.  Performance that trades back and forth with the 5600XT, price/performance right between the 5600XT launch (better than) and the updated OC version (worse than).  Price nearly the same.

Most importantly, getting the Nvidia drivers and encoder and avoiding a new launch AMD driver set.  Few things as buggy as a set of brand spankin new AMD GPU drivers.

RTX is just a bonus at that point.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

It does look like nVidia intends to put the 2060 at $300 to compete with the RT 5600 XT. 

I recommend reading through Anandtech's breakdown of the 5600 XT launch before deciding anything: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15422/the-amd-radeon-rx-5600-xt-review

Pretty much all of the price tiers are getting scrambled over the launch, response, counter response, and it will be a few weeks before we really know which is the best option. 

On 1/22/2020 at 5:56 AM, Sethisfrosty said:

The gtx 1660Ti is dead compared to the RX5600XT especially with the new bios .If you find the rtx2060 for 300$ it's a better deal

Watch this video, you might get a great 5600xt if you buy one of the more expensive models that has the new bios or you could get one of the crap ones, nobody seems to know. There will be more 2060's available round the $300 mark so maybe go for one of them if you want less of a gamble on performance and drivers.

That launch was such a mess, I watched Steve’s video and man Amd messed up big time on this one. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

You absolutely do not want an MSI 5600 XT since the only one with 14Gbps GDDR6 and the BIOS update is their highest end $340 model. At which point might as well spend the extra $10 on an RX 5700 which should probably age better with the extra 2GB GDDR6 and which gives you lots of OC headroom by flashing a 5700 XT BIOS onto it (though I'd want a dual BIOS 5700 in that case).

If you do want 5600XT the only model I'd buy is the Sapphire Pulse. Mainly because it's $290 MSRP and it has had its spec officially changed to 14Gbps GDDR6. So if you get a loser of a card after the official BIOS update you can probably RMA. And a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600XT over a 1660 Ti is a no brainer. Though it might be a tough call vs an RTX 2060 at $300.