2070 Super low fps in BFV

Strandox
20 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Yep so I'ts on auto now, just achieved a 2682 which is close to the average of 2736 that this particular CPU holds

Game feels any different?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Game feels any different?

Just put DX11 on and no stutters as opposed to last time with DX11, I'm seeing ultra settings framerates between 80 and 120?

1 minute ago, Strandox said:

Just put DX11 on and no stutters as opposed to last time with DX11, I'm seeing ultra settings framerates between 80 and 120?

So did that fix it?

Idk what performance you should be getting

What resolution again?

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

9 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

So did that fix it?

Idk what performance you should be getting

What resolution again?

I'm still not seeing the results i would like, I am going to fully reset my PC i think. Hopefully if it acts as a new machine then I will have no issues :) thanks for all the troubleshooting help though :D

1 minute ago, Strandox said:

I'm still not seeing the results i would like, I am going to fully reset my PC i think. Hopefully if it acts as a new machine then I will have no issues :) thanks for all the troubleshooting help though :D

GL man...I HATE it when things aren't running the way they should.

Hope you find out what's wrong. Let us know when you find out and maybe help someone else in the future with similar problem.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Mister Woof said:

Hope you find out what's wrong. Let us know when you find out and maybe help someone else in the future with similar problem.

Haha its been a while but my overall system responsiveness has improved and things feel generally faster. BFV runs without stutters on DX11 and feels nice and smooth, still slightly slower performance than I would expect but at least the performance is constant rather than going really high and then dipping down. CPU is performing a bit slow, I think I'm due an upgrade soon anyway because some of my large Pro Tools sessions love that extra core count and speed. Maybe a 3900x is on the table ?, Thanks very much for your help though it it much appreciated :) 

Cheers,

Theo.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Mister Woof said:

Just bought AC Odyssey on sale on steam and I'm getting sub-par performance there aswell. It's definitely not the card. would you recommend that I buy a new CPU or try and RMA my current one.

Cheers

23 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Just bought AC Odyssey on sale on steam and I'm getting sub-par performance there aswell. It's definitely not the card. would you recommend that I buy a new CPU or try and RMA my current one.

Cheers

AC Odyssey runs pretty bad on everything. 

Long discussion on that specific game on this thread:

tl;dr: 3900x and a 2080 ti runs at 70fps 1080p ultra

44 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Cheers

I bought AC Odyssey on Steam sale too and let me tell you..

Im running an overclocked 8700K @ 5Ghz all cores AND an overclocked 2080 Ti and even with that I only get like 70 fps.

Save your money and keep your hardware as it is. It’s not the hardware that’s the problem. The game is just poorly optimized.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

I bought AC Odyssey on Steam sale too and let me tell you..

Im running an overclocked 8700K @ 5Ghz all cores AND an overclocked 2080 Ti and even with that I only get like 70 fps.

Save your money and keep your hardware as it is. It’s not the hardware that’s the problem. The game is just poorly optimized.

It's such a shame :( The game looks stunning I just wish it ran faster. Shame on Ubisoft! You're probably right, still think a new CPU would be nice though, I work in music production and these massive sessions sure love snappy CPUs.

Cheers!

Just now, Strandox said:

It's such a shame :( The game looks stunning I just wish it ran faster. Shame on Ubisoft! You're probably right, still think a new CPU would be nice though, I work in music production and these massive sessions sure love snappy CPUs.

Cheers!

Ah well yeah it does suck. I feel the same. Especially after throwing down a fortune to buy an XC2 Ultra 2080 Ti :/.

If you have another reason to upgrade your cpu then definitely it would make sense but I’m just saying don’t expect it to help your FPS in that game because even the best hardware available won’t get more than 90 FPS on ultra settings in that game.

Im playing at ultra settings @ 1440p 144 hz monitor and getting 90 FPS blows. ? 

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

Ah well yeah it does suck. I feel the same. Especially after throwing down a fortune to buy an XC2 Ultra 2080 Ti :/.

If you have another reason to upgrade your cpu then definitely it would make sense but I’m just saying don’t expect it to help your FPS in that game because even the best hardware available won’t get more than 90 FPS on ultra settings in that game.

Im playing at ultra settings @ 1440p 144 hz monitor and getting 90 FPS blows. ? 

I feel your pain! I found a pretty good deal on a 2070s FTW3 on eBay which I'm pretty pleased about, few tiny tweaks and its faster than any of the standard 2080 cards out there. Feel like I'm slightly bottlenecked generally with my CPU, a nice 5-10 fps boost on average would make me happy.

The main reason for this topic was to sort out my performance in BFV :D It just happened that i didn't realise how poor AC Odyssey optimization was. Hopefully a new CPU will improve my overall stability in BFV and upcoming games that are using DX12.

Cheers.