2070 Super low fps in BFV

Strandox

Hi there my previous post about stutters and framerate issues in BFV didn't provide me with a solution. I have tried lots of things to try and fix. Future frame rendering is turned on becasue a lot of people recommended it but as you can see, for the setup i have i should be seeing substancially higher framerates. Changing the settings from ultra to low has no visible differance. :(

There are a few large stutters in the video which can be seen very clearly and sometimes i even drop below 60fps which shouldn't happen for this GPU CPU configuration.

Please help.

Cheers,

Theo

Just now, Strandox said:

for the setup i have i should be seeing substancially higher framerates.

What is the setup? CPU, RAM, mobo, gpu, PSU, probably CPU cooler and case too so we can see if thermal throttling may be an issue. 

Can't really help at all without full rig specs to help narrow down any issues. If you have a PCPartPicker list saved, that's even better. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

What is the setup? CPU, RAM, mobo, gpu, PSU, probably CPU cooler and case too so we can see if thermal throttling may be an issue. 

Can't really help at all without full rig specs to help narrow down any issues. If you have a PCPartPicker list saved, that's even better. 

Hi Zando,

I'm pretty clued up about the technical specifications and thermals etc and have been troubleshooting this issue for a few days. All components are very cool even when under full synthetic loads. I can safely say that thermals are 100% not the issue. But it seems GPU utilization is extremely low. If you take a look at the link on the first post there is a little video on the sort of gameplay I'm experiencing.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

GPU - EVGA 2070s FTW3

RAM - 16gb 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB

MB - Asus B450-F

PSU - EVGA 750-G2

Cooler - Coolermaster Seidon 240 in push/pull

Case - Corsair 465x

Cheers,

Theo.

3 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Hi Zando,

I'm pretty clued up about the technical specifications and thermals etc and have been troubleshooting this issue for a few days. All components are very cool even when under full synthetic loads. I can safely say that thermals are 100% not the issue. But it seems GPU utilization is extremely low. If you take a look at the link on the first post there is a little video on the sort of gameplay I'm experiencing.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

GPU - EVGA 2070s FTW3

RAM - 16gb 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB

MB - Asus B450-F

PSU - EVGA 750-G2

Cooler - Coolermaster Seidon 240 in push/pull

Case - Corsair 465x

Cheers,

Theo.

Are you running single or dual channel memory?

Have you tried DDUing the video driver and installing the latest version from Nvidia's website?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Also is this happening only in bf? Have you tried other games?

Hmmmmmm... Spec all seems fine, it is indeed weird that the game is sitting at that lower framerate. Fps and frametimes seem pretty stable, does spike slightly if you run into a few people suddenly but that's normal. 

Just now, Moz-LJP said:

Im guessing ray tracing is off in this video?

^^^ Ray tracing is off? If it's on, this is about what I'd expect, if it's off you should defo be pushing over 100fps if this is at 1080p. 

Also all the correct drivers (including AMD chipset drivers for the CPU/mobo) are installed and up to date? 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Hmmmmmm... Spec all seems fine, it is indeed weird that the game is sitting at that lower framerate. Fps and frametimes seem pretty stable, does spike slightly if you run into a few people suddenly but that's normal. 

^^^ Ray tracing is off? If it's on, this is about what I'd expect, if it's off you should defo be pushing over 100fps if this is at 1080p. 

Also all the correct drivers (including AMD chipset drivers for the CPU/mobo) are installed and up to date? 

Yep just wanted to check.

I have very similar specs and average around 60-70fps on ultra BFV, but no stuttering etc. Have you verified game files etc etc?

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Are you running single or dual channel memory?

Have you tried DDUing the video driver and installing the latest version from Nvidia's website?

4 minutes ago, Moz-LJP said:

Im guessing ray tracing is off in this video?

3 minutes ago, JustSum said:

Also is this happening only in bf? Have you tried other games?

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yep Raytracing is off, I DDUed the drivers yesterday to no avail. I'm playing at 1080p, i do get stutters in some other games but nowhere near as bad as in this particular game. I frequently play RDR2 fully maxed out (notoriously badly optimized) and still push 100 fps. Yep i checked all the motherboard and chipset drivers yesterday and i have the latest versions installed.

Thanks for the replies guys lets hope we can figure this out :)

Theo.

2 minutes ago, Moz-LJP said:

I have very similar specs and average around 60-70fps on ultra BFV, but no stuttering etc. Have you verified game files etc etc?

I have fully uninstalled and installed this game around 4 times the past week on a differant drive each time :(

1 minute ago, Moz-LJP said:

I'd test on my rigs too lol, but they're quite different in spec. 5820K (similar CPU) with a 1660 Ti (much lower GPU), then a 5960X with an RVII. I do have a rig with a 2600 in it in the house though, need to troubleshoot it for a friend. ?

1 minute ago, Strandox said:

Yep Raytracing is off, I DDUed the drivers yesterday to no avail. I'm playing at 1080p, i do get stutters in some other games but nowhere near as bad as in this particular game. I frequently play RDR2 fully maxed out (notoriously badly optimized) and still push 100 fps. Yep i checked all the motherboard and chipset drivers yesterday and i have the latest versions installed.

Thanks for the replies guys lets hope we can figure this out :)

Theo.

Oh that's really weird then. Running DX12 or DX11 mode? If you're running one, try the other and see. Is it everywhere in BFV, even in the campaign, and no matter the map? 

Main PC 

Maybe try running with DX11? (strictly referring to BF5) DX12 has always been really unstable for me. Also turn on/off "Future Frame Rendering" in the settings and see if that makes a difference.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I'd test on my rigs too lol, but they're quite different in spec. 5820K (similar CPU) with a 1660 Ti (much lower GPU), then a 5960X with an RVII. I do have a rig with a 2600 in it in the house though, need to troubleshoot it for a friend. ?

Oh that's really weird then. Running DX12 or DX11 mode? If you're running one, try the other and see. Is it everywhere in BFV, even in the campaign, and no matter the map? 

DX12 and DX11 seem to have no differance. Sometimes i experience even worse stutters in campaign. A couple of minutes ago i joined a game on operation locker and was experiencing a solid 30fps with frequent stutters.

2 minutes ago, Strandox said:

DX12 and DX11 seem to have no differance. Sometimes i experience even worse stutters in campaign. A couple of minutes ago i joined a game on operation locker and was experiencing a solid 30fps with frequent stutters.

Set everything to low, increase options one at a time and see if anything specific is causing the stuttering. My old 970 hated anti aliasing for some reason - could be something similar.

Can you try to run fire strick to see if your getting a decent score? Because if its only on bf5 then it just has to do with bf, but if its other games then thats a system or windows problem. Im guessing you have tried formatting? New windows install on a dif drive.

Have you recently started having this problem?

Just now, Moz-LJP said:

Set everything to low, increase options one at a time and see if anything specific is causing the stuttering. My old 970 hated anti aliasing for some reason - could be something similar.

Hi Moz, absolutely no setting changes change my experience, I've been messing around with them for days :D

1 minute ago, JustSum said:

Can you try to run fire strick to see if your getting a decent score? Because if its only on bf5 then it just has to do with bf, but if its other games then thats a system or windows problem.

I haven't got firestrike :( will a Unigen Heaven score suffice?

3 minutes ago, Strandox said:

I haven't got firestrike :( will a Unigen Heaven score suffice?

I guess im no expert but i guess you can just to compare with other score with simular spec.

Im the kinda person if it was working and now its not , i check my background process running if that aint it quick google search if that doesnt fix it format and if format doesnt work ,it can be psu not providing enough a bunch of other things to try. XD

5 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Hi Moz, absolutely no setting changes change my experience, I've been messing around with them for days :D

Does sound like the problem is not caused by BF5, but probably caused by some other program affecting it. Launch into safe mode, boot BF5, play campaign and see if there's any changes, see if there's any external programs giving BF5 a hard time.

Hold Shift -> Restart -> Boot Options -> Safe mode.

5 minutes ago, Moz-LJP said:

Does sound like the problem is not caused by BF5, but probably caused by some other program affecting it. Launch into safe mode, boot BF5, play campaign and see if there's any changes, see if there's any external programs giving BF5 a hard time.

Hold Shift -> Restart -> Boot Options -> Safe mode.

Brill thanks guys i will try these differant things when i get back from uni tonight :)

4 minutes ago, Strandox said:

Brill thanks guys i will try these differant things when i get back from uni tonight :)

Best of luck, let me know how it goes.

12 hours ago, Moz-LJP said:

Best of luck, let me know how it goes.

When in safe mode I get an error when trying to enter BFV. Not sure if this is just because I'm in safe mode? 182805896_originerror.PNG.86c2e6d5dd66b5562bf6d3244f0415d8.PNG

2 hours ago, Strandox said:

When in safe mode I get an error when trying to enter BFV. Not sure if this is just because I'm in safe mode? 182805896_originerror.PNG.86c2e6d5dd66b5562bf6d3244f0415d8.PNG

Yeah it will be, didn't think about that.

Try maybe, if you have onboard graphics, running it off of that instead of your dedicated gpu. (Find .exe for BFV and then right click > run on integrated).

Set everything to as low as possible and see if stuttering continues, may help us determine if its a gpu issue.

5 hours ago, Moz-LJP said:

Yeah it will be, didn't think about that.

Try maybe, if you have onboard graphics, running it off of that instead of your dedicated gpu. (Find .exe for BFV and then right click > run on integrated).

Set everything to as low as possible and see if stuttering continues, may help us determine if its a gpu issue.

I'm afriad i don't have integrated graphics :( The GPU gets massive scores in furmark etc. no stutters but i guess thats not that CPU intensive.

2 hours ago, Strandox said:

I'm afriad i don't have integrated graphics :( The GPU gets massive scores in furmark etc. no stutters but i guess thats not that CPU intensive.

No worries, didn't think you would have as AMD chips typically don't.

Can you send screenshots of your settings in BFV, both advanced and none advanced graphical.