Is this worth the price?

I have been looking to pick up a dedicated PC for my Sim Racing (mainly iRacing). Would like to run a triple 24" monitor set up at 1080p. I have an opportunity to get an I5-4590s paired with an AORUS RX580 4GB. 1x8 DDR3 1600 and 1TB HHD for $169. not looking to spend more than $200 since I already have a main gaming PC. I just do not want to have to keep moving it from my desk to my racing rig. 

For the money that's not a bad deal but idk how well it will run the game

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

1 minute ago, Guiltyx said:

For the money that's not a bad deal but idk how well it will run the game

Thanks for the quick response! I do not plan on running all setting maxed out. I use to run on my very out dated laptop on the lowest setting. My main concern if the GPU can handle 3 monitors. I have seen reviews on people using it for a low end set up on a triple monitor but had a more up to date CPU and DDR4. 

4 minutes ago, allworknoplay88 said:

My main concern if the GPU can handle 3 monitors

15 minutes ago, allworknoplay88 said:

Sim Racing (mainly iRacing).

Yes 

Your limiting factor would be the CPU. 

Welcome to the forum!

12 minutes ago, allworknoplay88 said:

I have been looking to pick up a dedicated PC for my Sim Racing (mainly iRacing). Would like to run a triple 24" monitor set up at 1080p. I have an opportunity to get an I5-4590s paired with an AORUS RX580 4GB. 1x8 DDR3 1600 and 1TB HHD for $169. not looking to spend more than $200 since I already have a main gaming PC. I just do not want to have to keep moving it from my desk to my racing rig. 

Is that with or without a motherboard, case and PSU?

To kind of part this out:

i5 = 60 USD

RX 580 = 80-100 USD

8GB DDR3 = 30 USD

1TB HDD = 20 USD

So having those three parts can make this go from an okay deal to a pretty good deal.

The RX 580 is also still a really good card. Up until two months ago I was still running that and it did pretty well for me! Even certain games at 4K were no issue at all. I don't have experience with iRacing, but for example Dirt 3 and Grid 2 played at well over 100fps average.

Granted, those are older racing games.. But point still stands the RX 580 can hold its own in certain games.

triple 1080p is (exactly) 3/4 (75%) the amount of pixels of 4K, so those numbers I mentioned can be quite reflective of the performance you can expect.

The i5 can probably still do alright in games that aren't heavily multi-threaded, but if the games starts receiving more and more updates to optimize for that, it may start holding you back. The S CPU is also a less power hungry CPU A.K.A. a less powerful one, but throwing in a used 1150 i7 can certainly help in the future too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

23 minutes ago, minibois said:

Welcome to the forum!

Is that with or without a motherboard, case and PSU?

To kind of part this out:

i5 = 60 USD

RX 580 = 80-100 USD

8GB DDR3 = 30 USD

1TB HDD = 20 USD

So having those three parts can make this go from an okay deal to a pretty good deal.

The RX 580 is also still a really good card. Up until two months ago I was still running that and it did pretty well for me! Even certain games at 4K were no issue at all. I don't have experience with iRacing, but for example Dirt 3 and Grid 2 played at well over 100fps average.

Granted, those are older racing games.. But point still stands the RX 580 can hold its own in certain games.

triple 1080p is (exactly) 3/4 (75%) the amount of pixels of 4K, so those numbers I mentioned can be quite reflective of the performance you can expect.

The i5 can probably still do alright in games that aren't heavily multi-threaded, but if the games starts receiving more and more updates to optimize for that, it may start holding you back. The S CPU is also a less power hungry CPU A.K.A. a less powerful one, but throwing in a used 1150 i7 can certainly help in the future too.

Thanks for the welcoming.

The price includes everything so should just need to plug it up and good to go. From the research I have done iRacing is more GPU bound than CPU. 

35 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Yes 

Your limiting factor would be the CPU. 

Thanks!

Sounds fine tbh. Throw in a cheap SATA SSD and you should be good to go.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

12 hours ago, krakkpott said:

Sounds fine tbh. Throw in a cheap SATA SSD and you should be good to go.

That is the plan. Thanks.