If i bought 2 sets of 2x8 ram would i run into problems or not?

That depends on how the IMC like them!

Why are we yelling????

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That depends on how the IMC like them!

Why are we yelling????

IMC?

i copy pasted the ram name and the text looked big so i just made everything else big 

4 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

If i bought two of these:

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL14 Trident Z Neo

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/299/1562839044/F4-3600C14D-16GTZNTrident-Z-NeoDDR4-3600MHz-CL14-15-15-35-1.40V16GB-(2x8GB)

Would i run into any issues with compatibility? or am i fine?

why not just buy a 32gb kit with 4 of them that were already tested together?

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

5 minutes ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

why not just buy a 32gb kit with 4 of them that were already tested together?

hard to find in sweden only one store has them (dustin home) that's why i'm wondering if this would work

Edit: i could buy from that store but i rather not, that is if there will be any issues with the 2x sets

lol, I've done that too!! My stupid phone......

Any how

IMC is Integrated Memory Controller.  - 

It's a good kit. Likely Samsung B-Die modules. They would shine on an Intel rig for sure.

lol, I've done that too!! My stupid phone......

Any how

IMC is Integrated Memory Controller.  - 

It's a good kit. Likely Samsung B-Die modules. They would shine on an Intel rig for sure.

How do i know if my IMC supports them`?

2 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

How do i know if my IMC supports them`?

That's the thing. There is not a lot of RAM that "supports" Ryzen processors. And usually when I see them actually advertised as such, they have very poor timings or I'm just coming across cheaply priced AMD supported memory.

The widely tested sweet spot for Ryzen processors is 3600mhz 16-16-16, those sticks will easily run those timings if the 14-15-15 isn't stable or won't post. 

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's the thing. There is not a lot of RAM that "supports" Ryzen processors. And usually when I see them actually advertised as such, they have very poor timings or I'm just coming across cheaply priced AMD supported memory.

The widely tested sweet spot for Ryzen processors is 3600mhz 16-16-16, those sticks will easily run those timings if the 14-15-15 isn't stable or won't post. 

So if i use 2x of these 2x8gb ram kits so i get 4x8gb ram would that cause any issues? or do i have to buy a 4x8 kit?

I guess they would work perfect on a intel rig like you said?

2 x 8 GB sticks, the one you've picked are good memory modules 3600mhz CL14. They'd likely do 3800/4000mhz CL16 on an Intel IMC no problem 1.35-1.40v.

2 x 8 GB sticks, the one you've picked are good memory modules 3600mhz CL14. They'd likely do 3800/4000mhz CL16 on an Intel IMC no problem 1.35-1.40v.

okay nice but will i be able to run two of these kits? so i get 32gb ram? or should i go for the 4x8 kit?

I cannot promise 4 sticks will do X speed. Running 4 sticks also makes tougher to run higher frequencies on Ryzen memory controller while Intel's is a little more forgiving, even then may not like higher frequency.

There is always give and take. 

Apart from the AMD specific concerns.

Generally if the kits are brought together it's extremely likely they are apart of, or close to the same batch. Thus highly compatible.

-アパゾ

Just now, APasz said:

Apart from the AMD specific concerns.

Generally if the kits are brought together it's extremely likely they are apart of, or close to the same batch. Thus highly compatible.

So i wouldn't run into any issues if i used intel with two of these 2x8? kits correct?

As Shrimp has said, Intel is more forgiving compared to AMD. Should work just fine.

Will always recommend getting a single kit of amount needed but that's not always possible.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

As Shrimp has said, Intel is more forgiving compared to AMD. Should work just fine.

Will always recommend getting a single kit of amount needed but that's not always possible.

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I cannot promise 4 sticks will do X speed. Running 4 sticks also makes tougher to run higher frequencies on Ryzen memory controller while Intel's is a little more forgiving, even then may not like higher frequency.

There is always give and take. 

thanks for the help!

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 4:59 AM, HornyFurry said:

If i bought two of these:

G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL14 Trident Z Neo

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/299/1562839044/F4-3600C14D-16GTZNTrident-Z-NeoDDR4-3600MHz-CL14-15-15-35-1.40V16GB-(2x8GB)

Would i run into any issues with compatibility? or am i fine?

I am using a hella weird comp on ram;
1x 2133 Kingston ValueRAM - OC'd to 2400

1x 2400 Kingston ValueRAM

2x Balistics Sport LT White. never had any issues.

You can find my Builds and Specs at: https://builds.gg/users/dutchemerald-64977