Any AMD users care to share the experience with the cards so far?

Ryan-Simpson

I'm thinking about getting the 5700xt but I have heard that the drivers aren't that great. I want to get the opinion of the users that actually own and run the card. So any issues to report? 

39 minutes ago, Ryan-Simpson said:

I'm thinking about getting the 5700xt but I have heard that the drivers aren't that great. I want to get the opinion of the users that actually own and run the card. So any issues to report? 

I've got a Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and its never missed a beat. I've literally never had an issue with the card or the drivers, maybe I'm just lucky?

(actually I lied, when I first got the card (on launch day) it had pretty major issues doing HDR, this persisted over a few new driver versions until they released a driver that fixed it and its worked fine ever since)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Vega 64 with LC bios

1725mhz and 1175mhz hbm , HBCC on to 16G

zero problems , 2020 drivers are allot better then the older ones 

Always do clean install of drivers and you are good. 

my first 5700XT had issues, it was a Powercolor Red Dragon card. first week it worked good and then started to make problems. the gpu reached above 50 degrees junction temp, the amd software reported that fans is spinning but it was not spinning at all and then pc freezed. and also on load i heard annoying noises out of the card. but now i heard that amd released new drivers so i decided to give it one more chance. i ordered Gigabyte 5700XT this time and it should arrive next week. i hope it will work this time without issues.

right now i have r9 270X, and it working good so far and not died yet.

I've had several generations of Radeon cards before GTX 980 and GTX 1080Ti that I have now and they all worked flawlessly. And even if there was some sort of issue with new game, there was always driver ready to fix it. If not WHQL, there was "beta". Which were just as reliable as WHQL to be honest. The experience is the same as with NVIDIA. Except that AMD's control panel is faster, more responsive and just looks better compared to slow, blinking and glitching archaic thing from NVIDIA...

5 hours ago, Ryan-Simpson said:

I recently puchased a RX 5700 (non-xt) and other than a few annoying glitches with the AMD 2019 drivers (mainly trying to use AMD's vsync and anti-lag features while playing 'NVidia' titles, it has worked flawlessly. As long as I control video settings in Nvidia games using the in game settings, it works fine.

I had a R9 380 and currently running a Vega 56 until the new high end GPU come out later this year and can say I haven't had too many issues.  The biggest issue I have had is an annoying message that my Wattman setting have been reset expect that nothing was reset and nothing was effected except for having to close that annoying message every time I started my machine.  I also have had difficulty using Freesync due to flickering but I can't ultimately say that the issue is with my GPU as it is just as likely the cuplrit is my monitor. 

Honestly, I think most of the issues that you have heard about are due to the 5700 series being brand new architecture  and the drivers just needing to mature a bit.  Nvidia tends to have the same sort of issues when they launch new architecture as well although I will say, they tend to correct those issues a bit faster than AMD, likely because they have a bigger software department tackling the issues.