New pc build recommendations

Hello everyone. A friend of mine requested to build a new pc for him.

He just wants to run his games at 1080p@144hz

He gave me a nice budget to work with, he doesn't want anything with rgb (at least, not flashy) so that makes it easier. But he also doesn't want giant coolers

So.. here are the specs

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: Hyperx Predator 2x8
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
  • Cooler: I'm between an EVGA CLC 240 or a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim (Here they are at the same price)
  • GPU: I'll be getting him an MSI RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT
  • PSU: I was thinking on giving him my 1 year old PSU, it's a Seasonic GSeries 650W +80 Gold. Should I get him a new one with more wattage?
  • Case: I'll be going with a NZXT S350 Matte Black or a Phanteks Eclipse P300/P400

Any sugestions / changes will be appreciated. Please remember the why on it

Thanks in advance, and have a great day

Edited by Weinrib
Forgot PSU Details

3 minutes ago, Weinrib said:

Hello everyone. A friend of mine requested to build a new pc for him.

He just wants to run his games at 1080p@144hz

He gave me a nice budget to work with, he doesn't want anything with rgb (at least, not flashy) so that makes it easier. But he also doesn't want giant coolers

So.. here are the specs

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • Cooler: I'm between an EVGA CLC 240 or a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim (Here they are at the same price)
  • GPU: I'll be getting him an MSI RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT
  • PSU: I was thinking on giving him my 1 year old PSU, it's a Seasonic 650W +80 Gold. Should I get him a new one with more wattage?
  • Case: I'll be going with a NZXT S350 Matte Black or a Phanteks Eclipse P300/P400

Any sugestions / changes will be appreciated. Please remember the why on it

Thanks in advance, and have a great day

Same PC I would build for myself except I would use Ryzen 3600X, but otherwise a great build, and the PSU has plenty of power for that kind of system. I would go with the EVGA cooler if it fits in the desired case because it may be quieter (even if the brand of the other one is Be Quiet :)) and it might be a better performer.

16 minutes ago, _kR15n said:

Same PC I would build for myself except I would use Ryzen 3600X, but otherwise a great build, and the PSU has plenty of power for that kind of system. I would go with the EVGA cooler if it fits in the desired case because it may be quieter (even if the brand of the other one is Be Quiet :)) and it might be a better performer.

Awesome. Yeah, I'm definetly leaning on the EVGA one. He is not interested in hardware stuff nor OC'ing, that's why I chose the 3600. But I'll check on the 3600x for upgradeability

4 minutes ago, Weinrib said:

Awesome. Yeah, I'm definetly leaning on the EVGA one. He is not interested in hardware stuff nor OC'ing, that's why I chose the 3600. But I'll check on the 3600x for upgradeability

Maybe the fact that he is not into OCing could be the reason for the 3600X because of its out of the box higher clocks compared to the 3600 which could reach those same clocks but would need some overclocking.

Edit: And if anytime later he decides to try and OC he will have a faster platform for it.

I would totally take a build like that.  For the gpu, get the XT, for 144hz.  That psu will have plenty of power.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

the 3600x is not necessary, but preferred.  the 3600 would suffice.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

Basically i would reccomend this:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Cooler: EVGA CLC 240
  • GPU: RX 5700 XT
  • PSU: Seasonic GSeries 650W +80 Gold
  • Case: By preference

the 5700xt would work with pcie 3.0, but 4.0 is optimal.  the 570 boards are pretty pricy currently.  I would use an x470 board, maybe from MSI.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

3 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

the 5700xt would work with pcie 3.0, but 4.0 is optimal.  the 570 boards are pretty pricy currently.  I would use an x470 board, maybe from MSI.

Exactly, I chose > B450 for the PCI 4.0 GPU. I chose 570 because there's like a 5 dollar diff between them atm

here (USA) the x470 boards go down as low as 90$ USD and the 570 boards are at least 50$ more.  But whatever works for you.  

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

-Moved to New PC Build recommendations-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25