CPU DEAD?

iAmtheRealJay

Hi guys good day to all, I want some help regarding about my problem.

So yesterday i tried booting up my pc to use it, but it did'nt past the windows 10 logo. So i tried re-seatting everything (ram, cpu, gpu,hdd tried another psu, ) but its still the same. I can get into bios, but when i was about to get into windows 10 logo my pc restart.It just shows the windows 10 logo with preparing automatic repair text at the bottom for a second then it shut down.I try to use my usb with a windows 10 media creation tool but it just did the same.I try my cpu to my colleague's motherboard and it show the same issue?

Could it be my cpu's dead?But i can still get into bios and see its temperature to know that it is not overheating.

specs, cpu: i7 3770

motherboard:h61mxe-k

ram:8gb ddr3 1333

gpu:rx570

psu:600w superflower

Realy appreciate some replies.

I am guessing you installed windows on a HDD?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am guessing you installed windows on a HDD?

yes sir

Just now, iAmtheRealJay said:

yes sir

that sounds like a harddisk failure more than anything else, check your storage activity light (the one blinking during activity).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

CPU itself is not dead if the system is doing anything at all.
Check to see with Win 10 if your HDD isn't set for AHCI instead of IDE, has to be set for AHCI in the BIOS to work with Win 10. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

that sounds like a harddisk failure more than anything else, check your storage activity light (the one blinking during activity).

but when i try it  to my colleague's pc it stil has the same issue.

2 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

CPU itself is not dead if the system is doing anything at all.
Check to see with Win 10 if your HDD isn't set for AHCI instead of IDE, has to be set for AHCI in the BIOS to work. 

it is set to ide sir.

Just now, iAmtheRealJay said:

it is set ti ide sir.

Set it to AHCI.

Set it to AHCI in the BIOS, then let it redo the install.
It should work.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Set it to AHCI in the BIOS, then let it redo the install.
It should work.

by redo the instal you mean by the usb media tool?

No, just set it to AHCI in the BIOS and then restart the install from scratch.

Just do that and let it restart the install process, it will work once the system has it's HDD's set for AHCI.

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

Set it to AHCI.

still cant past the logo, it just restart.

No, just set it to AHCI in the BIOS and then restart the install from scratch.

Just do that and let it restart the install process, it will work once the system has it's HDD's set for AHCI.

stil cant sir, even the usb installer restart when its in the logo.

You'll have to redo it FROM SCRATCH meaning wipe the HDD and reformat all over again.
The current OS copy on the disk now will not work period - You MUST wipe the HDD after you've set it for AHCI in the BIOS and let it start it's install again from scratch.

Reason why is the OS was installed onto a drive setup in an incompatable format - Even though the OS is "There" it cannot function and never will. You must restart the entire OS install process and do it as follows:

Set the drive up as AHCI in the BIOS, save the BIOS setitngs and reboot.

Once the BIOS is set correctly, restart the entire OS install from scratch meaning to hit any key to start the install when the prompt to do so appears during bootup.

Delete any existing partitons, create a new partiton(s) and format, then let it do the OS install.

You know how it goes from here.

3 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

You'll have to redo it FROM SCRATCH meaning wipe the HDD and reformat all over again.
The current OS copy on the disk now will not work period - You MUST wipe the HDD after you've set it for AHCI in the BIOS and let it start again from scratch.

ok sir, i have a spare hdd reformatted. but when i run the windows installer it just shuts down or restart.

Now THAT'S A PROBLEM......

Since it worked before it's OK to reuse the HDD drive you were working with in the first place and that's what I'd do instead of messing with another drive.

Be sure the drive(s) are set to AHCI in the BIOS first.

Then..... Just restart the entire process as if it had never been done before.

You should get the prompt to hit any key to begin setup as before, just do it all as you did earlier and it should be fine once the install completes.

Now THAT'S A PROBLEM......

Since it worked before it's OK to reuse the HDD drive you were working with in the first place and that's what I'd do instead of messing with another drive.

Be sure the drive(s) are set to AHCI in the BIOS first.

Then..... Just restart the entire process as if it had never been done before.

You should get the prompt to hit any key to begin setup as before, just do it all as you did earlier and it should be fine once the install completes.

I reset the cmos, and the sata controllers are set to ahci by default. so i boot with my usb drive ( with the empty hdd installed ) and when i'm in the windows 10 logo with no spinning dots, my pc just restarts.

Have you tried getting a new USB install kit setup to see if maybe the usb is setup incorrectly? I know I downloaded the usb windows 10 installer and it didn't download correctly and would cause the install to fail everytime. 

In that case either the machine just won't run it or you have a problematic Win 10 install on your hands, way more likely the latter.
If you can, make sure you have a "Good" install to use, if the one you have now is messed up somehow it will never do the job.

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Have you tried getting a new USB install kit setup to see if maybe the usb is setup incorrectly? I know I downloaded the usb windows 10 installer and it didn't download correctly and would cause the install to fail everytime. 

i have tried three usb already, so i'm kinda losing my hope on this cpu.

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

In that case either the machine just won't run it or you have a problematic Win 10 install on your hands, way more likely the latter.
If you can, make sure you have a "Good" install to use, if the one you have now is messed up somehow it will never do the job.

but why when i used it on my colleague's pc, it's still has the same outcome.(with his own hdd)

I've never seen a CPU that works keep an install from happening.

Either a CPU works or it doesn't 99.99% of the time. If the chip is dying, that's another thing and can cause issues like this.