CPU DEAD?

iAmtheRealJay
51 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I've never seen a CPU that works keep an install from happening.

Either a CPU works or it doesn't 99.99% of the time. If the chip is dying, that's another thing and can cause issues like this.

i'll try installing windows 7, if it still doesn't work. well i guess it's time to give up on this cpu.

9 hours ago, iAmtheRealJay said:

but why when i used it on my colleague's pc, it's still has the same outcome.(with his own hdd)

The failure, provided there is a hardware fault at all doesn't have to be the CPU.

The board or something else could be causing it too.

I've done all I can here, if you want to replace the CPU at least do yourself a favor and hold onto the old one until using a new one confirms the problem as being the CPU itself.
I also looks to me you're still trying to use the same install copy and you've also tried it on another machine with the same results.

That means (To me) it's the install copy you have that's bad, not the CPU in your machine because that would mean his CPU would be bad too due to the same result(s) if you're correct about that with your own system.

Do try another copy of the OS first before tossing the CPU - In fact for giggles why not try an install of Win 7, 8, XP or maybe even Linux - Whatever you have around to let you do a test of the system installing an OS.

Good luck.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

The failure, provided there is a hardware fault at all doesn't have to be the CPU.

The board or something else could be causing it too.

I've done all I can here, if you want to replace the CPU at least do yourself a favor and hold onto the old one until using a new one confirms the problem as being the CPU itself.
I also looks to me you're still trying to use the same install copy and you've also tried it on another machine with the same results.

That means (To me) it's the install copy you have that's bad, not the CPU in your machine because that would mean his CPU would be bad too due to the same result(s) if you're correct about that with your own system.

Do try another copy of the OS first before tossing the CPU - In fact for giggles why not try an install of Win 7, 8, XP or maybe even Linux - Whatever you have around to let you do a test of the system installing an OS.

Good luck.

okay, i tried installing windows 7 last night. But when i boot from the usb drive, the window's loading file just freezes. i tried 2 usb with both windows 7 on it, still can't make it work.Tried ahci and ide on sata controllers,stil no chance. BTW, i'm using the empty hard drive.