Bought G.Skill Flare X, but I am no longer sure if it's compatible. Confused with information.

Hello,

I am about to build my first computer and I'm currently collecting all the parts.

Recently I bough some ram using b-die checker beforehand. I bought G.Skill Flare X Black DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB, but one thing that worries me is that the website I bought it from doesn't have a specification about the serial number, although the price comparing site suggests that it is F4-3200C14D-16GFX.. but it's not sure. I already sent a mail to the store I bought it off to confirm this. 

Now, I am even more concerned because I don't manage to check the ram compatibility option on the MSI website. The mobo I bought is MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. I go to this link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/Specification > Detail tab > See supported ram, but all I get is an empty page, so I can't check even the compatibility of that ram.

Now, do series numbers matter much in this case? I am starting to stress out that the store didn't provide that information and I just learned about that there are several versions of them, today.

This is the website I get, so you see there's a lot of specs missing. Are there any other sources?
I also post info from the store's website.

Przechwytywanie111.JPG

Przechwytywanie222.JPG

Thank you! Hmm. That ram is not on the list, now I have a confirmation from the store that it is the model that the price comparing site suggested. Do you think it will be a problem?

5 hours ago, parotia said:

Thank you! Hmm. That ram is not on the list, now I have a confirmation from the store that it is the model that the price comparing site suggested. Do you think it will be a problem?

RAM can be compatible even if it isn't on the list.  I have G.skill Ripjaw V's in my system and they weren't on my MB's list and while the XMP profile didn't work, I had no issues manual adjusting the timings to work correctly.  All the list indicates is the RAM kits that the MB manufacture has actually tested and know hat work.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:19 PM, Midnitewolf said:

RAM can be compatible even if it isn't on the list.  I have G.skill Ripjaw V's in my system and they weren't on my MB's list and while the XMP profile didn't work, I had no issues manual adjusting the timings to work correctly.  All the list indicates is the RAM kits that the MB manufacture has actually tested and know hat work.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, boggy77 said:

it will work. you'll maybe have to tinker a bit with the xmp profile, but it will work

Alright, thank you. But Does it mean it's still B-Die when it's technically on the mobo's manufacturer website but not that particular version? Or did I paid a lot for the feature that's not there.

1 hour ago, parotia said:

Alright, thank you. But Does it mean it's still B-Die when it's technically on the mobo's manufacturer website but not that particular version? Or did I paid a lot for the feature that's not there.

I think your referring to Samsung B-Die when you say B-Die.  Off hand I don't know if the G.Skill Flare X is Samsung B-Die or not but I am not sure I would classify Samsung B-Die as a "Feature".  Generally speaking most people seem to feel it is the best quality of chip than can be added to a RAM module but that doesn't mean other types or manufactures like Micron or Hynix are necessarily bad chips.  Generally speaking no matter what manufacturer of RAM, if it is rated to run at a specific speed, latency and timings, it should be able to operate at those ratings.  My Ripjaws are Hynix chips but reach their rated 3600 mhz CL 16 specs just fine.

I think the reason Samsung B-Die gets so much recognition is due to its better ability to generally overclock beyond its rated specs. Other types can often do this too, but the Samsung B-Die stuff tends to more consistently offer OC potential beyond the rating and/or have more headroom available for overclocking. It is definitely the best choice for going beyond the ratings.  However, that doesn't mean Micron or Hynix can't often match what you can get from the Samsung B-Die, just that you have a lower chance of it happening.

These are B die - Lesser B die sticks, they are just that. https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530?Item=N82E16820232530

Have three sets total of these with two sets in this machine right now (2700x - X470 Tachi Ultimate) and no problems.

They are kinda limited in clockspeed since the are lesser B die but with a 2 series Ryzen that's expected anyway.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:53 PM, Midnitewolf said:

I think your referring to Samsung B-Die when you say B-Die.  Off hand I don't know if the G.Skill Flare X is Samsung B-Die or not but I am not sure I would classify Samsung B-Die as a "Feature".  Generally speaking most people seem to feel it is the best quality of chip than can be added to a RAM module but that doesn't mean other types or manufactures like Micron or Hynix are necessarily bad chips.  Generally speaking no matter what manufacturer of RAM, if it is rated to run at a specific speed, latency and timings, it should be able to operate at those ratings.  My Ripjaws are Hynix chips but reach their rated 3600 mhz CL 16 specs just fine.

I think the reason Samsung B-Die gets so much recognition is due to its better ability to generally overclock beyond its rated specs. Other types can often do this too, but the Samsung B-Die stuff tends to more consistently offer OC potential beyond the rating and/or have more headroom available for overclocking. It is definitely the best choice for going beyond the ratings.  However, that doesn't mean Micron or Hynix can't often match what you can get from the Samsung B-Die, just that you have a lower chance of it happening.

Thank you so much fro writing this! This has to be the best explanation on this subject out there.