Deepcool Captain 360EX RGB White AIO

I'll admit that the installation instructions for this AIO are a bit confusing. The AIO installation instructions state that the AIO pump cable should be connected to the CPU_FAN header, but my Asus PRIME X570-PRO motherboard documentation states that it should be connected to the AIO_PUMP header.

Annotation 2020-01-06 060147.png

Annotation 2020-01-06 055943.png

Connect the pump to the pump header if you have one. If you don't, CPU header will suffice.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Connect the pump to the pump header if you have one. If you don't, CPU header will suffice.

/\ this. and as the manual suggest, you have a pump header. connect the pump to it and one of the fans to the cpu fan header. the other fans can just be connected to a case fan 

header

6 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

/\ this. and as the manual suggest, you have a pump header. connect the pump to it and one of the fans to the cpu fan header. the other fans can just be connected to a case fan 

header

The cooler or motherboard should come with a fan splitter that will take two fans and shove them onto one header.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

The cooler or motherboard should come with a fan splitter that will take two fans and shove them onto one header.

Correct. The AIO did come with a fan hub, to which I connected the three radiator fans and the pump fan, then to an RGB header on the board. My issue is that there was no labeling to differentiate between the cables attached to the block. But, a simple power test to make sure everything works as intended should solve that.

That's my mistake. It appears that the water block has a single cable that powers both the pump and the fan. The other cable is for the block's LED.

3 hours ago, BasedHeathen said:

The AIO installation instructions state that the AIO pump cable should be connected to the CPU_FAN header, but my Asus PRIME X570-PRO motherboard documentation states that it should be connected to the AIO_PUMP header.

The motherboard may have different instructions because it probably just runs the pump RPM at maximum speed. 

Don't plug the water block/pump into the fan hub with your radiator fans. If you do, you won't be able to control the RPM for them separately from the fans. 

If you haven't got it all setup here's a video.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W