I work in a Phone repair store, are we being scammed?

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Why would Apple need a bear license they sell hunting equipment.

as for the dock the ones I see on distance display are mostly white

Apple needs one because courage.

45 minutes ago, FlpDaMattress said:

UPDATE: So apparently all 4 of them were legit and sent over by an insurance company we work with...whoops...

Same thing happened to me.

Turned out to be 100% legit thing I paid for and forgot about.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

AppleCare isn't standard though which I don't get. 

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

What don't you get about that? AppleCare is the extended premium warranty. All Apple products come with a regular warranty anyway, so it's not like the G2A scam where you have to pay for any protection/warranty at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Without doxing myself too hard, We have mobile techs that only do insurance claims. They were for them if i haven't mentioned already.

2 hours ago, FlpDaMattress said:

Without doxing myself too hard, We have mobile techs that only do insurance claims. They were for them if i haven't mentioned already.

At least it's legit and not "whoops, I just gave away my SSN" type of embarrassment.

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

What don't you get about that? AppleCare is the extended premium warranty. All Apple products come with a regular warranty anyway, so it's not like the G2A scam where you have to pay for any protection/warranty at all.

If they just bought the docks, they would just come with the regular warranty, not AppleCare. ( I assumed it was second hand )

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

If they just bought the docks, they would just come with the regular warranty, not AppleCare. ( I assumed it was second hand )

I'm not even sure you can buy AppleCare for the docks. What does AppleCare have to do with the docks at all though - sounds like it was an Insurance Claim of some kind.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Gotta love insurance companies, lol...

On 1/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Tristerin said:

TBH this legit made me laugh - because I just had to do new training on cyber warfare and one of the things is getting stuff like this and NEVER PLUGGING IT INTO YOUR DEVICES UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.

They also stuff tiny PCB's between cardboard folds (cell phone PCB for example) to get ping data etc etc.

We had this training, new for 2020, as well.  I guess people have been getting random USB drives in the mail and hooking them up to their computers.  Geez...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

What a strange occurrence. Do I have the story correct.

You work at a phone repair shop that has 0 affiliation to Apple. Where one day you got a package with the contents being Apple branded chargers with a note that says its from "Apple". 

Was the document asking you to do anything in particular? What was the point of the documentation and the docks? Unless the docks have some weird hack to either burn out phones or somehow have some weird hack to steal information (that was be super high tech for something so silly). I am not sure what the point is if this is a scam?

When I worked at a computer repair place we used to get weird scams where they would try to get client info or access to our machines but this is a new one sending hardware that isnt something like a USB stick or CD lol.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, GodSeph said:

What a strange occurrence. Do I have the story correct.

You work at a phone repair shop that has 0 affiliation to Apple. Where one day you got a package with the contents being Apple branded chargers with a note that says its from "Apple". 

Was the document asking you to do anything in particular? What was the point of the documentation and the docks? Unless the docks have some weird hack to either burn out phones or somehow have some weird hack to steal information (that was be super high tech for something so silly). I am not sure what the point is if this is a scam?

When I worked at a computer repair place we used to get weird scams where they would try to get client info or access to our machines but this is a new one sending hardware that isnt something like a USB stick or CD lol.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:52 PM, RorzNZ said:

When i say our store has no affiliation with apple, It's actually kind of a grey area. Our store specifically, no. An insurance partner we work with however does. these were sent over for our remote techs who deal exclusively with insurance claims. that part i overlooked because we do mostly Samsung in store.