Video on my PC skipping and lagging all of a sudden

Jstagzsr

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It just randomly started happening a few days ago. I keep my PC immaculately claimed and sorted. It is defragged. Disk cleanup has been ran. Anti-Malware and anti-viruses have been ran several times.. my internet connection speed is around 130mbps. My CPU is running around 30% (which is abnormally high. It is usually around 8 to 10% when I'm only watching YouTube videos) but even at the 30% that should not be causing this. My ram is only at about 25% used. Nvme ssd C drive is at 0-1%. All other drives at 0%. Rx580 8gb is at 6%. CPU graphics at 0%. Only 2 tabs open on Firefox.  No other background programs running..

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening but it's extremely annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Jstagzsr said:

Reinstalling windows is usually the quickest solution to software issues.

Did you already try a different web browser?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Have you tried other browsers just to cross check if it's not a firefox related issue?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Reinstalling windows is usually the quickest solution to software issues.

Did you already try a different web browser?

3 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

Have you tried other browsers just to cross check if it's not a firefox related issue?

yes, the reason im using firefox is because chrome started doing it first.. so downloaded firefox and had a few days where i didnt notice it so i thought it was a chrome issue, but now FF is doing it too..

and i JUST reformatted this pc like 4 or 5 months ago because of software issues.. it seems like 2 or 3 times a year im having to wipe and start over with windows.. i dont understand why all these issues are happening all of a sudden

1 minute ago, Jstagzsr said:

yes, the reason im using firefox is because chrome started doing it first.. so downloaded firefox and had a few days where i didnt notice it so i thought it was a chrome issue, but now FF is doing it too..

and i JUST reformatted this pc like 4 or 5 months ago because of software issues.. it seems like 2 or 3 times a year im having to wipe and start over with windows.. i dont understand why all these issues are happening all of a sudden

You could try different graphics drivers

but also windows 10 is a massive pile of crap, and it may be the issue after some untested update.

you could make an Ubuntu USB and see what happens under Linux.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You could try different graphics drivers

but also windows 10 is a massive pile of crap, and it may be the issue after some untested update.

you could make an Ubuntu USB and see what happens under Linux.

i have linux on my sbc. im not a fan at all.

and you just reminded me that i have the beta drivers for my graphics card.. maybe that has something to do with it.. but my audio and video are both stuttering and my audio is on my speakers via the MB 3.5mm jack. not through the hdmi on my graphics card. idk if that matters.

6 minutes ago, Jstagzsr said:

and you just reminded me that i have the beta drivers for my graphics card.. maybe that has something to do with it..

I had a similar issue after buying my current laptop and it turned out to be NVIDIA drivers crapping out when I had a second screen connected to the laptop, just because the built-in laptop screen runs 144Hz and my secondary display is a 60Hz, I don't know if this would be the case for you, but installing non-beta drivers might help.

3 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

I had a similar issue after buying my current laptop and it turned out to be NVIDIA drivers crapping out when I had a second screen connected to the laptop, just because the built-in laptop screen runs 144Hz and my secondary display is a 60Hz, I don't know if this would be the case for you, but installing non-beta drivers might help.

yeah i have 3 screens. a 4k panel as my main and two 1080p panels.. maybe thats the issue? ill try the other drivers. im using the "optional" ones now.

13 minutes ago, Jstagzsr said:

yeah i have 3 screens. a 4k panel as my main and two 1080p panels.. maybe thats the issue? ill try the other drivers. im using the "optional" ones now.

Are they all 60hz?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Are they all 60hz?

the 4k is 120 but theyre all set to 60 cap