Newly built PC wont boot

tronal
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
3 minutes ago, tronal said:

i'm not getting any feedback from fans

If fans don't spin when you press the power button, I'd guess it's either a mis-wiring of the power button (double-check that it's plugged in to the correct header, and/or try to start the motherboard by shorting the two power-pins on the motherboard manually, and don't confuse the USB header for your front-panel connectors) or it might be a power-delivery issue to your motherboard. Make sure the 24-pin is fully seated, and that the 8-pin EPS cable is plugged in as well.

Says it all in the title, monitor is not receiving any imput from the computer, and thus is not booting to bios.

I'm pretty sure that power is going through the motherboard as the front IO power LED is turned on, but i'm not getting any feedback from fans or GPU LED when i press the power button on the case

i have my hdmi plugged into the graphics, and i reseated my RAM, as it wasn't in properly. I checked all the cables are in the right place and but nothing else seemed to be an issue.

Here are my parts as listed on Pcpartpicker

Case                  Fractal Design Node 202 ITX

Motherboard     MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4

CPU                  AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core

RAM                  Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666

Graphics card   Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB

Power Supply   EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular SFX

Storage             Team MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 SSD

This is my first build so it could be something obvious /:

3 minutes ago, tronal said:

i'm not getting any feedback from fans

If fans don't spin when you press the power button, I'd guess it's either a mis-wiring of the power button (double-check that it's plugged in to the correct header, and/or try to start the motherboard by shorting the two power-pins on the motherboard manually, and don't confuse the USB header for your front-panel connectors) or it might be a power-delivery issue to your motherboard. Make sure the 24-pin is fully seated, and that the 8-pin EPS cable is plugged in as well.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

19 minutes ago, tronal said:

I'm pretty sure that power is going through the motherboard as the front IO power LED is turned on, but i'm not getting any feedback from fans or GPU LED when i press the power button on the case

You most definetly mis-wired something, if you're pressing the power button and the system doesn't come on, the front IO power LED shouldn't be on either.

22 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I I'd guess it's either a mis-wiring of the power button (double-check that it's plugged in to the correct header, and/or try to start the motherboard by shorting the two power-pins on the motherboard manually

i got the motherboard to turn on, but i'm still not getting any signal from my graphics card. the LED indicator is now on however no signal is being transmitted

Just now, tronal said:

i got the motherboard to turn on, but i'm still not getting any signal from my graphics card. the LED indicator is now on however no signal is being transmitted

Specs of your PC?

Can you try with your motherboard's video output (if available)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

edit- re-did the switches and am now in bios.

Thank yall so much!