Best Rendering CPU sub $300, Ryzen 3700x?

RMFLB

So, my work wants to build a dedicated rig for rendering only in the office. This would be used for Autodesk Revit and 2020 Design renderings. What would be the best cpu to get for this that is sub $300, the ryzen 3700x? I did a synthetic comparison between my laptops 9750h (which is what I render on now) and a Ryzen 2700 (which I was considering to buy at first), from that it is saying my laptops cpu is better for renderings but I find that hard to believe

I'd say Ryzen 2700, especially for the price.

I can't really think of any scenario (when it comes to rendering) where the 9750H would beat the 2700, since it not only has 2 fewer cores (4 fewer threads), but during long loads it will drop its frequency in most cases because of thermal limitations (since it's in a laptop - not much room for heat dissipation).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

the 3700x should be much faster than both, but idk if it'd be worth it to pay that much for what you're doing. Honestly the best price/performance ratio for an 8 core is definitely the 2700