Anyone Have Good Headset Recommendations Please?

GamerBlake

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! :)

I have a question: About a year ago I bought some cheap $20 Chinese “HunterSpider” headphones because I was on a pretty tight budget, and while they worked pretty good for $20, I’d like to get some better quality ones that are comfortable, made of quality materials (i.e. they don’t break easily or often), and that perform well.

Im not really as familiar with peripherals as I am with actual computer hardware like CPUs, GPUs, PSUs, RAM, etc., so I was hoping you guys here on LTT forums can help me out with some recommendations.

My budget is ~$100-$140 (maybe $150 if there is something out there worth the extra $10 over budget).

Thanks! ? 

- Gam3rBlake

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Corsair Void Elite: 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-rgb-elite-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset-white/6360426.p?skuId=6360426&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=611&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=CjwKCAiAo7HwBRBKEiwAvC_Q8c-0APcyV1Sm5fKHmq0WoUN10isOKAEVhfbU6oUYus27nPrj7KNKqxoCJJ8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

They are really comfy, have a good mic, good sound quality, come as wired or wireless, and they are a good value.
You're not going to find a better headset than these for anything under $180. I've used The Logitech G933 and the Steel series arctus pro, and both were inferior for various reasons.

The only headset I like more is the Corsair Virtuoso, but they aren't as comfortable as the Void Elite.

2 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

Corsair Void Elite: 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-void-rgb-elite-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset-white/6360426.p?skuId=6360426&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=611&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=CjwKCAiAo7HwBRBKEiwAvC_Q8c-0APcyV1Sm5fKHmq0WoUN10isOKAEVhfbU6oUYus27nPrj7KNKqxoCJJ8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

They are really comfy, have a good mic, good sound quality, come as wired or wireless, and they are a good value.
You're not going to find a better headset than these for anything under $180. I've used The Logitech G933 and the Steel series arctus pro, and both were inferior for various reasons.

The only headset I like more is the Corsair Virtuoso, but they aren't as comfortable as the Void Elite.

Thanks! :) I’ll check those out!

Although I DO prefer something on Amazon or Newegg since I get certain rewards when buying from them that I don’t get from Best Buy as well as free express 1-2 day shipping.

Do you have any information about this headset I found on Newegg?

Logitech has always provided reliable parts in my dealings with them and I’m wondering if this headset is any good?

2AFBFB36-CD2D-47D5-BFB9-FB06BCAAD1BE.png

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Just now, GamerBlake said:

Thanks! :) I’ll check those out!

Do you have any information about this headset I found on Newegg?

Logitech has always provided reliable parts in my dealings with them and I’m wondering if this headset is any good?

2AFBFB36-CD2D-47D5-BFB9-FB06BCAAD1BE.png

I haven't tried it personally. My only experience with logitech headsets was the G933 (I love their keyboards and mice however). Anyways, the G933 broke after about a month, which is when I bought the Corsair Void Pro (Elite is the newer model). After that I bought the Arctus Pro as an upgrade, and returned it after a day because the microphone on those things is literally on some flimsy wire.

1 minute ago, DobertRownySr said:

I haven't tried it personally. My only experience with logitech headsets was the G933 (I love their keyboards and mice however). Anyways, the G933 broke after about a month, which is when I bought the Corsair Void Pro (Elite is the newer model). After that I bought the Arctus Pro as an upgrade, and returned it after a day because the microphone on those things is literally on some flimsy wire.

Oh ok I just really would prefer not to buy from Best Buy since there isn’t one near I live that I can go pick up from and their shipping takes forever and they don’t give me 5% cashback like Amazon/Newegg do. :/

Yet sadly on Newegg they’re $99.99 instead of $74.99 like BB.

Do you know of any other good headsets? I’d like to have some options so I can pick which one is right for my tastes.

1 minute ago, GamerBlake said:

Oh ok I just really would prefer not to buy from Best Buy since there isn’t one near I live that I can go pick up from and their shipping takes forever and they don’t give me 5% cashback like Amazon/Newegg do. :/

Yet sadly on Newegg they’re $99.99 instead of $74.99 like BB.

Do you know of any other good headsets? I’d like to have some options so I can pick which one is right for my tastes.

One of my friends uses the Hyper X Cloud II, he says they're nice. But I have no experience with them. Also, do you have Amazon?

3 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

One of my friends uses the Hyper X Cloud II, he says they're nice. But I have no experience with them. Also, do you have Amazon?

Yeah I have Amazon. I also have the Amazon Prime Store Card so I get 5% back on any purchases from Amazon which is like a 5% discount on top of any other existing discounts/sales.

4 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

Yeah I have Amazon. I also have the Amazon Prime Store Card so I get 5% back on any purchases from Amazon which is like a 5% discount on top of any other existing discounts/sales.

Bought a pair of Hyper X Cloud II's about a year ago to replace my Razer Krakens (they were total garbage). These are way more comfortable, sound quality is clearly better, and the mic is acceptable. I would highly recommend them. My only complaint is the in-line volume control is super touchy and cuts in and out when you use it. So generally I just set that to max and then use windows to control the volume.

8 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

I would recommend using Amazon then, because newegg usually has more expensive prices.

Just now, DobertRownySr said:

I would recommend using Amazon then, because newegg usually has more expensive prices.

Ah ok I’ll do that.

I actually think it depends on the item.

Ive seen Newegg prices cheaper in some stuff and Amazon cheaper in others.

Like when I bought my Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD it was like $129.99 on Amazon and $119.99 on Newegg at the time.

Sorry if this is a bit late to the party but wanted to share my opinion and experience 
I give a vote to Corsair Void Elite,
I have the earlier wireless ones and love them, nothing to complain about from the nearly 4 years of use i have out of them
Logitech have good hardware, as long as you dont need software for it cause their software (from my experience) is complete garbage And my G230 was quite a great headset for 3+ years until i ripped the cable in half by accident :( Did feel a bit cheap and plasticky, but dont break after being dropped multiple times (by accident .... not rage :ph34r:)
Had HyperX Cloud 1 wasnt the most comfortable headset in the world, nor did it last more than 1 year, but the sound quality was good while it lasted.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO