Computer shuts off when ram set to advertised speed

ShadowlessFear

Basically the title. I just upgraded to a 2700x and got some new ram to go with it. I used the A-XMP profile to set my ram to 3066 but the computer shuts off if I do anything too intensive(or open a bunch of chrome tabs like I've been doing to test it lol). Do I need to increase voltage or something?I listed the ram and mobo below along with the other specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard

Ram

GTX 2060

Ryzen 7 2700x

Hello and welcome.

Which RAM slots did you install into?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

13 minutes ago, ShadowlessFear said:

Basically the title. I just upgraded to a 2700x and got some new ram to go with it. I used the A-XMP profile to set my ram to 3066 but the computer shuts off if I do anything too intensive(or open a bunch of chrome tabs like I've been doing to test it lol). Do I need to increase voltage or something?I listed the ram and mobo below along with the other specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard

Ram

GTX 2060

Ryzen 7 2700x

it happens me due pagefile sometimes , it crash windows and shutdows, but maybe ram is failing.

15 minutes ago, ShadowlessFear said:

Motherboard

Ram

GTX 2060

Ryzen 7 2700x

1 minute ago, muito_gostoso said:

it happens me due pagefile sometimes , it crash windows and shutdows, but maybe ram is failing.

If your pc is shutting off without BSOD, you most likely have a completely different issue that is not ram related. are you getting blue screen or no? if so whats the error?

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

If your pc is shutting off without BSOD, you most likely have a completely different issue that is not ram related. are you getting blue screen or no? if so whats the error?

nop, it shut down in win 10 , black death , all death, i increase pagefile and i fix it.

sounds weird i know.

anyway try updating bios first.

5 hours ago, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.

Which RAM slots did you install into?

I installed into slots 2 and 4.

5 hours ago, TrigrH said:

That kit is not on the QVL. XMP is not guaranteed. Update your bios, load XMP try 2933 and work your way up from there, voltage may be needed.

My bios is up to date, there are two XMP presets for it that match up exactly with the timings advertised so I assume it found the right profile. How do I know how much voltage to add if needed? Right now I'm running at profile one which is 3066 and that crashes.

5 hours ago, muito_gostoso said:

nop, it shut down in win 10 , black death , all death, i increase pagefile and i fix it.

sounds weird i know.

anyway try updating bios first.

That's exactly what's happening to me. How did you solve it? Just increased the pagefile space? And if so how much? I've already updated my bios.