Super high pitch noise from PC

LIGTHIN

I experience this super high pitched noise from my pc after shutting it down 

Even when I unplug the power the noise is still there

For it to go away I have to unplug the cord and press the power button to discharge any power remaining 

Then it would stop

How do I fix this

It's probably the power supply

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

1 minute ago, TrainFan2019 said:

It's probably the power supply

Is it harmful to the system 

2 minutes ago, LIGTHIN said:

Maybe. It seems to be coil whine of sort. It can be indicator of something breaking. If the PSU is still under warranty, I recommend contacting manufacturers support about it. If its not, time to gather money for another unit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I had a cheap power supply a long time ago that made a high-pitched noise when the pc was off.  What's your power supply model?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

4 minutes ago, LIGTHIN said:

Question is, was this happening before? If not and your power supply is old, chances are, it's on its way out and when it'll go out, it can take things with it. Usually motherboards or graphic cards that are connected directly to power supply...

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Question is, was this happening before? If not and your power supply is old, chances are, it's on its way out and when it'll go out, it can take things with it. Usually motherboards or graphic cards that are connected directly to power supply...

It's new happened on day one 

Will I be able to "break-in" the PSU because it's new maybe will it go away after sometime

34 minutes ago, LIGTHIN said:

It's new happened on day one 

Will I be able to "break-in" the PSU because it's new maybe will it go away after sometime

It's harmless and it will not go away, if anything it may become louder. What PSU do you have ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply