Industry Standard RGB Controller/Software When?

TOdom

Why does every manufacturer have to have an exclusive RGB controller and an exclusive RGB software. Why can't we just be friends? There are strips/fans/etc. that will be compatible with multiple softwares, but why not one software that's compatible with EVERY RGB thing we own regardless of manufacturer? The way I am kind of seeing it right now is that if you want to work with a functional software you have to go with Corsair, but corsair charges goddamn $90 for 3 RGB case fans... You can find a set of 6 RGB case fans for under $40 on Amazon from off brand manufacturers (which tells us production cost isn't a problem), what makes Corsair so goddamn special that it has to charge double for half? Not to mention the $50 they run you for LED strips. How are they going to charge this much and then tell us that we can't make our RGB shit from them incapable of syncing with the ONE thing we may have in our system that ISN'T Corsair? So what's the deal, am I just a broke bitch crying about useless RGB or does anyone agree with me that Corsair's prices are absolutely outrageous

Right. It should be standardized just like mouse and keyboard or earphones. I mean we hardly need to install drivers for mouse and keyboard these days. Who would need to install driver to plug in an earphone? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, TOdom said:

Why does every manufacturer have to have an exclusive RGB controller and an exclusive RGB software. Why can't we just be friends? There are strips/fans/etc. that will be compatible with multiple softwares, but why not one software that's compatible with EVERY RGB thing we own regardless of manufacturer?

And this is one of the reasons why I don't RGB, and also why I only buy peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headsets, etc.) from a single manufacturer.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

And this is one of the reasons why I don't RGB, and also why I only buy peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headsets, etc.) from a single manufacturer.

Yeah but what happens when you're me and you like Logitech mice, Ducky keyboards, HyperX headsets, Corsair RAM, ASUS motherboards, MSI cooler graphics cards, CoolerMaster aftermarket CPU coolers, and case fans that don't run you $35 a pop? Just gotta throw in the towel I guess

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

hardware control is much better than software control.

2 minutes ago, TOdom said:

Yeah but what happens when you're me and you like Logitech mice, Ducky keyboards, HyperX headsets, Corsair RAM, ASUS motherboards, MSI cooler graphics cards, CoolerMaster aftermarket CPU coolers, and case fans that don't run you $35 a pop? Just gotta throw in the towel I guess

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

hardware control is much better than software control.

Agreed on both of your points - I'd rather have a MIDI-like hardware controller for RGB that works with everything, and ONE piece of software to customize ALL my peripherals, because I'm not installing Steelseries Engine, Logitech SetPoint, Logitech Gaming Software, Logitech G Hub (WHY LOGITECH WHY), Corsair iCUE, whatever malware Razer is pushing out these days, and other manufacturers software. Give me ONE piece of software that talks to everything and I'll spend money on your stuff.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Agreed on both of your points - I'd rather have a MIDI-like hardware controller for RGB that works with everything, and ONE piece of software to customize ALL my peripherals, because I'm not installing Steelseries Engine, Logitech SetPoint, Logitech Gaming Software, Logitech G Hub (WHY LOGITECH WHY), Corsair iCUE, whatever malware Razer is pushing out these days, and other manufacturers software. Give me ONE piece of software that talks to everything and I'll spend money on your stuff.

But even if you DO have all those softwares, NONE of them will talk to one another. I can't get my ASUS board's lighting to sync with my Corsair RAM lighting because they don't like each other. Why can't we be friends :(

11 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Even software is not stable at all ?. I had a problem with my h115i yesterday not showing in icue after replacing the stock fans. Went through all the troubleshootings to find the solution move the usb 2 cable to another port on my nzxt usb 2 hub to find it is working. The usb port that had my h115i usb plugged in before moving is working fine so I don't know why the hell is not working on this port but another port working fine? 

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

Even software is not stable at all ?. I had a problem with my h115i yesterday not showing in icue after replacing the stock fans. Went through all the troubleshootings to find the solution move the usb 2 cable to another port on my nzxt usb 2 hub to find it is working. The usb port that had my h115i usb plugged in before moving is working fine so I don't know why the hell is not working on this port but another port works fine? 

Don't even get me started on unstable software man. I literally can't even get ASUS Aura to LAUNCH. Which is why I made the point of "it seems like if you want a functional software you have to go Corsair" yada yada yada, then my rant on EXTREMELY overpriced corsair rgb

I design all my builds around as little RGB as possible.

As nice as flashy colors are, it turns out terrible when LEDs won't sync and software cuts off other software.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I design all my builds around as little RGB as possible.

As nice as flashy colors are, it turns out terrible when LEDs won't sync and software cuts off other software.

Yeah, I didn't pick any component over another because of the RGB. I just thought now that I finally have the maximum performance I need (not going to need to upgrade components anymore), that I'd throw some RGB in so my tinted tempered glass pane wasn't so barren. I just didn't know how expensive and restrictive the rabbit hole was lmao