Motherboard CPU bracket made 2 dents on each side of the CPU?

Tega
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Are you talking about these?

image.thumb.png.666c0c1b56fcb62578bcff73aeadb675.png

These are suppose to be there, the socket mechanism presses down there.

image.thumb.png.fc74f23641b15972a98708f1cf3edd3b.png

Or do you mean the little 'lines' on either side, inside that red circle I made on your picture? I wouldn't worry about that.

Just check on the socket, on the other side of what I circled if there isn't anything weird there.

I seated the CPU correctly and tugged on it to make sure it was, I put the retention bracket over it and lowered the arm, there was alot of pressure but from YouTube videos I knew that should be there so I kept going. I installed it properly but had my doubts about the cpu so I took it out and it had 2 small dents on either side of the cpu. Is this normal, I've read online on some other forms and it has happened to other people aswell.

The motherboard is the: ASROCK H310CM-HDV, 1151, MATX, 2 DDR4, DVI, VGA, HDMI, GB LAN

I will attach a photo but it is not the best quality. I have already returned it but need to know if it is normal please.
I should also add that the cpu bracket that goes over it has 2 notches that stick out on either side making this dent so is it on purpose?

IMG_20191228_175710.jpg

Or do you mean the little 'lines' on either side, inside that red circle I made on your picture? I wouldn't worry about that.

Just check on the socket, on the other side of what I circled if there isn't anything weird there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

@miniboisI was talking about both of them, thank you very much. I am surprised no one really mentions that in you tube tutorial videos. Its now annoyed me that I have to further delay my build :( . Thanks though